Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FYLSX Results  (Read 1795 times)

agarcia323

• View Profile
    • Email
FYLSX Results
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:09:01 PM »
Hi All,

I enjoy reading this forum so I thought I would post here.  I am a student at Concord Law School, I became eligible to take the FYLSX 10/26/10 but I was on my honeymoon.  I took the June 2011 FYLSX, I called in this morning to inquire if I was on the PASS List (I actually called twice, the LA Office, and SF office) and they confirmed that I was on the PASS List.  It is quite exciting.  I hope to hear the rest of your experiences.

Thanks

GovLaw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FYLSX Results
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:06:15 PM »
Congratulations!!!

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 02:44:00 AM »
What kind of study schedule do you adhere to?
Angie

lawyerintraining

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:03:53 AM »
What kind of study schedule do you adhere to?

Apparently one that works since she passed a test that most lawyers couldn't pass.

Good job, keep it up and do the same on the multistate and mpre!

agarcia323

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08:34 PM »
Hi,

Thank you.  I am a male.  I commute about four hours per day and I have every other Friday off.  I go to an online law school.

This is what I did to pass.

1) I bought Flemming Baby Bar review course.  The most value are the lectures. 

2) I purchased a subscription to Adaptibar Baby Bar questions.  I did a total of 1200 mbe, a lot were repeat questions.

3) I bought Essay Writer Writer from Bar None Review for Torts Criminal Law, Contracts.  They have essay writing templates.

I tried to do at least 25-30 mbe questions per day.

Essay writing is where I did maybe 15 essays through school.  Mostly what I did was read other model answers.  I must have reviewed about 40-50 essays. 

I never developed my own outlines I purchased attack sheets which helped me.

Here's the thing that I learned and worked for me.  Our school focused a lot on IRAC.... especially rule statements.
But I didnt use it.  The majority of the substance is in the Analysis.

I used IAC.  In the analysis part you can weave in the elements of the tort, crime etc.  I am not sure how effective this is, I havent received my scores back yet.

Curse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »
Congrats, and thank you for your study guide: I printed it for my future use. Your participation in this forum is valuable.
Cheers!

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
I will also get the resources you mentioned. Thank you.
Angie

InterAlia1961

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    • View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 06:31:08 PM »
Hi All,

I enjoy reading this forum so I thought I would post here.  I am a student at Concord Law School, I became eligible to take the FYLSX 10/26/10 but I was on my honeymoon.  I took the June 2011 FYLSX, I called in this morning to inquire if I was on the PASS List (I actually called twice, the LA Office, and SF office) and they confirmed that I was on the PASS List.  It is quite exciting.  I hope to hear the rest of your experiences.

Thanks

Congratulations. Nicely done. I'm happy to hear such good news. I wasn't on the pass list. I took it better than I thought. I like you IAC suggestion. I blew it in the analysis section. Oh well, back to the books. Again, way to go! :)
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke