Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: character and fitness question  (Read 710 times)

needadvice123

• View Profile
character and fitness question
« on: August 13, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »
on my law school app to the school where i am currently enrolled, i disclosed a DUI i was convicted with but NOT another in which i was CHARGED with a DUI but ended up pleading guilty to a lesser offense, wreck-less driving (a traffic violation). it was stupid of me and i wish i could turn back the clock. soon, i will submit to the character and fitness exam and i obviously will disclose EVERYTHING. will the discrepancy between the law school application and fitness exam disclosures keep me from practicing law? did i just waste 6 figures of loan money? (both arrests happened 12 years ago and my record has been spotless since). im thinking about setting an appointment with the dean to discuss my options, but i fear this might cause unpleasant consequences that may be unnecessary. please advise.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: character and fitness question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »
uh oh.

offer cocktail to dean!

lawyerintraining

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 09:55:18 PM »
when in doubt disclose. Better to mention it now then them bring it up latter.

If you notice a mistake and fix it you should be ok. It's not the same thing as them finding out you tried to cover it up.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
HAHAHAHA "wreck-less driving"
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."