Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: visit to New York Law School  (Read 1252 times)

IClawstud

• View Profile
visit to New York Law School
« on: August 10, 2011, 02:56:20 PM »
I visited NYLS today and was very impressed. The building is very modern with incredable views of the city.the library was also very nice with plenty of places to study. There was also plenty of places to sit and study throughout the entire building. It seems they offer a lot of differnt subjects of law. They also seem to offer a decent amount of clinics and law journals. The price tag is the only thing that concerns me but they have a priced fix menu if you will. Your tuition remains the same for all three years. Allegedly this makes NYLS competitivly priced in the NYC area.

pslaw2011

• View Profile
Re: visit to New York Law School
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:46:10 PM »
Did you speak to any current students there? I'd be interested in hearing their comments.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:24:01 PM »
If you haven't read the article already, this should be taken into consideration:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/17/business/law-school-economics-job-market-weakens-tuition-rises.html?pagewanted=all

Personally, I would rate NYLS as one of the worst values in legal education. CUNY will get you a similar education and similar job prospects for less than half the price (and it's no harder to get into). Even then, I would avoid the NYC market unless you have burning personal reasons to live in NYC. It's an extremely oversaturated market.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

IClawstud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:47:35 AM »
I have talked to a few students who go there. Ones a 2L and the others a 3L and the both like it a lot. They said that the Professors are terrific and that there are a lot of opportunities for jobs and paid internships. The 2L student was telling me he got a paid internship this summer going into his second year.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
I have talked to a few students who go there. Ones a 2L and the others a 3L and the both like it a lot. They said that the Professors are terrific and that there are a lot of opportunities for jobs and paid internships. The 2L student was telling me he got a paid internship this summer going into his second year.

Just about every law school has terrific professors. That is not the problem.

It's not students you should be talking to - it's recent graduates.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?