Specific Groups / Issues > Non-Traditional Students

Online Law School for Wisconsin Bar

(1/8) > >>

captaybe:
Without discussing the merits of online law school, I have already decided that's what I will do. I am planning on sitting for the Wisconsin bar. I will get a significant raise at my current job if I have a law degree. So having a substandard degree is not a problem for me. The question is: Which online degree is the quickest and cheapest that Wisconsin will accept? Alternatively, is there another state I should be looking at? Thank you

fortook:
I may be wrong, but its my understanding that the only state where you can sit for the bar with an online degree is CA.  That's because per CA philosophy, anyone regardless of education can take the CA bar.  The filter is that it is one of the most difficult bar exams in the nation.  That us why all of the online schools are in Cali.

All other states and territories require some kind of education from a school with some kind of state or ABA accreditation.  Unless you want to practice in CA, you can't go to an online school.  Sorry man.

lawyerintraining:
I think that you can take it online from any state as long as you take the bar in CA when done.

If you want to practice in another state some let you petition for "special approval"(not a sure deal) and others let you transfer after being licensed for a year years(normally around 5)

It takes that long to get good enough to go solo anyways, so you might want to consider doing it online, moving there after that, and then working for someone else for a few years before going back.

passaroa25:
Isn't Wisconsin that state where all you have to do is graduate from one of its law schools and you are automatically licensed; no bar exam?

passaroa25:
Isn't Wisconsin that state where all you have to do is graduate from one of its law schools and you are automatically licensed; no bar exam?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version