Deciding Where to Go > Reviews, Visits, and Rankings

UMass Law

(1/3) > >>

fortook:
Does anyone know anything about UMass?  Student opinions? Job placement? All the rest of that good stuff?

Cher1300:
I did my undergrad at U-Mass years ago, but I believe this is the first year they have been approved for a law school.  So there probably aren't any statistics for it other than undergrad.

fortook:
They had their first class start last summer, I think.  They are not ABA approved yet.  I'm hoping for a feel from the students.  What kind of internships and law clerking opportunities have opened up?  How the local legal community is accepting, or not accepting, them.  I have maxed all the research resources.  They are too new for any formal stats.

pslaw2011:
UMASS Law used to be Southern New England, and from what it sounds like UMASS must have got a really good deal on SNE. And without the ABA accreditation thats a major risk... although one would imagine UMass would invest whatever is needed to get the accreditation.

fortook:
I'm sure they'll get accredited.  What concerns me the local reception.  SNEL had its fair share of problems.  I wonder if UMass inherited them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version