Yes
 1 (20%)
No
 2 (40%)
Possibly
 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 13, 2011, 05:20:53 PM

Author Topic: Cooley Law School's New Tampa, FL campus opens 2012  (Read 7443 times)

pslaw2011

• View Profile
Cooley Law School's New Tampa, FL campus opens 2012
« on: August 08, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »
http://www.cooley.edu/newsevents/2011/080811_cooley_opens_tampa_campus.html

Just released info on the newest Cooley campus. What kind of effect will this have for current /future Cooley students?

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cooley Law School's New Tampa, FL campus opens 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 05:42:37 PM »
Between the lawsuit against bloggers, continued expansion, and their own ranking system, they are not helping their reputation.*

*these statements represent personal opinions and are not intended to disuade any prospective students from attending TMC Law School.  These opinions are not intended to suggest fraud or misrepresentation of fact by TMC Law School.  Prospective students must do their own due dilligence and reach their own conclusions about which school to attend.

THERE - hopefully that will keep them from suing me too...

pslaw2011

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:22:44 PM »
lol.

I'd imagine the point is to expand networking opportunities for students that are coming from Florida to go to Cooley.

lawstudent#1

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 06:30:32 PM »
So if people spread lies and you sue, it makes you the F'd up guy? ???

Dang, I hope I don't get raped, I might go to prison with people like you in the voting population. :-X

pslaw2011

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »

Dang, I hope I don't get raped, I might go to prison with people like you in the voting population. :-X

God, I hope I truly don't make it to be a lawyer- I might have to work with you on a regular basix :-X

lawstudent#1

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »

God, I hope I truly don't make it to be a lawyer- I might have to work with you on a regular basix :-X

That makes two of us there winner.  :-X

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »
Thanks for reopening this pslaw2011. 

That guy has logic and analogy cohesiveness problems, i.e. he makes no rational sense and poses no real threat.  If I had to guess, he is a Cooley student who has insecurity issues lashing out unnecessarily like a caged animal (there, now he will bother me and not you :)).

Cooley in FL?  I don't know how I feel about it.  I know Ava Marie left MI recently for FL, but I figured that had mostly to do with the horrible MI economic situation.  The legal community in FL may be concerned that Cooley will make the full move in the near future.

FL has so many new law schools.  Don't know if they can support another, especially one as big as Cooley.  The school says they want a student body of 700.  700? That is more than the entire law student body in many states.  I know FL is big, but is it that big?
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »
It's not a matter of suing because of "lies," it's a matter of them squelching personal opinions and free speech (yea, there is grey area as to what is knowing misrepresentation of the truth, what is reporting what was published elsewhere, and what is personal opinion).  In large part these people have only repeated what hundreds of others have said or published about Cooley - this is not about protecting a reputation - believe me, Cooley KNOWS what it's reputation is and how it is viewed in the legal community.  This looks like a SLAPP suit to try and shut people up.  As I understand, they never reached out to the bloggers/commenters and asked them to take down the posts that they felt were lies, they just went and sued.  I've posted this elsewhere - by filing this suit they are experiencing the Striesand Effect and have even MORE people having unflattering discussions about them.

lawstudent#1

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
It's not a matter of suing because of "lies," it's a matter of them squelching personal opinions and free speech (yea, there is grey area as to what is knowing misrepresentation of the truth, what is reporting what was published elsewhere, and what is personal opinion).  In large part these people have only repeated what hundreds of others have said or published about Cooley - this is not about protecting a reputation - believe me, Cooley KNOWS what it's reputation is and how it is viewed in the legal community.  This looks like a SLAPP suit to try and shut people up.  As I understand, they never reached out to the bloggers/commenters and asked them to take down the posts that they felt were lies, they just went and sued.  I've posted this elsewhere - by filing this suit they are experiencing the Striesand Effect and have even MORE people having unflattering discussions about them.

Wrong. Marekt place of ideas=ok.  Opinions=protected(even if foul)   Openly Proveable lies&defemation that causes harm=criminal.
If I stand outside your mothers place calling her a whore at 3AM with a speaker phone, I am not protected. Nor should I be. (even if she is)

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 01:29:21 PM »
So what are the "openly provable" lies?  One person reported that he heard Cooley was under Fed investigation - maybe he did hear that, maybe not, so that is a legitimate question.  But what about the person who repeats that he read elsewhere that Cooley was being investigated?  Is it his job to investigate before publishing because that certainly is NOT the standard that the print/televised media is held to.  How many wild "facts" are reported about Sarah Palin or President Obama that are known/shown to be pure BS?