Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waiting for the results of the Baby Bar  (Read 5452 times)

lawstudent#1

Re: Waiting for the results of the Baby Bar
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »
In 1987, I accepted a scholarship from Mercer Law School.  I needed to get all A's.  I got only one A and was academically dismissed.  Now, I live in Florida.  Here, if you have been a 1 L anywhere else, you cannot even apply to an ABA law school.

Cooley is going to be in Florida this next summer. They will take you and to keep a scholarship(even 100%) you only need to keep a 2.0 once in.

I promise they will take you. They are free to apply to online too.

InterAlia1961

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    • View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »
FYI. I called L.A. today to learn when we could find out if we are on the 'pass list.' I was told that anyone who doesn't receive their results in the mail by Monday can call and check. You can only find out if you're on the list, not your actual score. The wait is almost over.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »
I will look into Cooley.  I have an LSDAS file already done.
Angie

Curse

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 12:42:17 AM »
FYI. I called L.A. today to learn when we could find out if we are on the 'pass list.' I was told that anyone who doesn't receive their results in the mail by Monday can call and check. You can only find out if you're on the list, not your actual score. The wait is almost over.

Make sure you let us know!

Cheers

lawstudent#1

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
I will look into Cooley.  I have an LSDAS file already done.

Let us know how it goes. Wishing you the best.  :)

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 11:31:33 PM »
I sent the office of admissions an email about having been a 1L before.  They said I am eligible to apply.  It looks like my LSAT score is acceptable also.  I hope I can get a Sallie Mae loan.  I have too many student loans from my other degrees.  Thank you for your help.
Angie

InterAlia1961

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    • View Profile
    • The Daily Defacto
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
The Internet is strangely silent today. Ask anyone who's waiting for word, any word at all, about who passed the FYLSE. Somewhere, in the gods-know-how-many gzillions pieces of mail that pass through Post Offices across the country, are our fates, printed on the official stationery of the California State Bar. And now, the Internet has gone mute. Surely, there is some hint out there for us. That's the whole point of information at the speed of broadband, right? Yet nothing is coming until Monday. Not digital nor physical news of our fate. The suspense is brutal.

:-\
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.' ~Arthur Clarke

lawyerintraining

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »
I am thinking about getting my JD at Regent and then getting my LLM online at a CBE school.

That way I can practice in any state and still have an LLM after my name on my resume and cards.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
Why Regent?
Angie

lawyerintraining

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »
Why Regent?