Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rejected from Transferring  (Read 1306 times)

Kelso11987

• View Profile
Rejected from Transferring
« on: July 22, 2011, 08:45:31 PM »
So random question:

Is there anything that can be done once you're rejected from a transfer school?  I have a school I REALLY want to go to, and they just sent out a nifty rejection letter...only I don't want to take no for an answer.  Any advice or suggestions, or should I just give up the goat?

kjw5029

• View Profile
Re: Rejected from Transferring
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:07:36 PM »
I've heard of people writing letters to the dean, but i don't know how effective that really is. 

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »
So random question:

Is there anything that can be done once you're rejected from a transfer school?  I have a school I REALLY want to go to, and they just sent out a nifty rejection letter...only I don't want to take no for an answer.  Any advice or suggestions, or should I just give up the goat?

You could always contact the admissions office to make sure, but I really don't think you're going to get very far.

Really, pretty much EVERY person who applied to transfer REALLY wanted to go there, probably.  That's not going to be a very compelling story to them.

Sorry things didn't work out, but I'd look to make the best of what you've got.  The grass isn't always greener on the other side.  Might as well water the grass where you're standing.

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 02:00:33 AM »
So random question:

There's a new book out by a law professor, Law School Undercover, that includes some good perspective from the vantage of the admissions committee, including tricks of the trade, but, as the others said, it's an uphill battle.  Among other things, your letter to the dean (who might well have been one of the ones reviewing the transfer apps), has to show convincingly what the application did not.  Again, read X's descriptions of what it is they're looking for.  Hint:  It's not always what an applicant thinks they're looking for.

Thane.

miengtee

• View Profile
    • treatment for bruising
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »
HI,

Go find another school.......they're maybe tired of looking at you! LOL!

why don't you settle for another institution that welcomes you with an open arms!

don't force yourself in if they kick you, it doesn't mean you stop learning...never!

cheer up!
thanks,