Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kaplan vs. Testmasters  (Read 1467 times)

Rs5020

• View Profile
Kaplan vs. Testmasters
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »
I'm contemplating between Kaplan and Testmasters... I am planning on retaking the LSAT in OCT 2011and not sure which program would be more beneficial to help raise my score. Kaplan offers an "advanced program" for those trying to score in the 90% percentile. While Testmasters has a standard program (which is quite effective in my opinion) But over all which would be a more beneficial program?

Miami88

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Kaplan vs. Testmasters
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »
I don't know about the courses themselves but I just finished the Kaplan book set and loved it - very methodical and clear.

What you will find in mostly all comments is that all the reputable prep courses (like Kaplan and Testmasters) offer essentially the same knowledge - the only difference is the professor. So - pick which course has the absolute best professor. Find this info by student comments/rating.

The advanced courses are really designed for people already scoring in the mid 160s trying to bump up into the 170s range. If you are not there yet - this course may be a waste of time and money.

If money is not an issue I would look into a private instructor - again the best you can afford/find.