Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What law schools should I apply to?  (Read 832 times)

intheair

• View Profile
What law schools should I apply to?
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:36:46 PM »
East Asian Female (International)

College: Northwestern University
Major: Economics
GPA: 3.75
LSAT: 170
Recommendations: I doubt they will be anything extravagant but certainly not bad.
Other: Law firm assistant, wrote for the school journal, and other insignificant clubs

I don't need any financial aid.

1. What schools should I apply to?
2. Will being an international student make it significantly harder to get into top law schools? If so, what schools tend to be more generous in accepting international students?

Sorry, I accidentally posted this on another section but now that I think about it, I think I'm supposed to post this here.

Tarheel Lawyer

• View Profile
Re: What law schools should I apply to?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 11:56:58 AM »
It's kind of difficult for people to tell you where to apply to. You have great numbers. I recommend looking at Top-law-schools.com to read school profiles. Also, Law School Numbers will give you an idea of where you'll be competitive. With your numbers you can pretty much apply anywhere and probably get in, with the possible exception of Harvard/Yale, so really, decide where you want to practice/live and look at schools in those regions.

if it pleases the court

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 02:38:16 PM »
The top law schools in your region are University of Michigan, Norte Dame, and Loyola. If you really want me to pick one for you, then I say Loyola. Being an international female student will help you get into law school. Good luck!

pslaw2011

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »
Why not try Northwestern Law since your already there? It really depends a lot on where you want to be when you finish.