Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What law schools should I apply to?  (Read 554 times)

intheair

• View Profile
What law schools should I apply to?
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »
East Asian Female (International)

College: Northwestern University
Major: Economics
GPA: 3.75
LSAT: 170
Recommendations: I doubt they will be anything extravagant but certainly not bad.
Other: Law firm assistant, wrote for the school journal, and other insignificant clubs

I don't need any financial aid.

1. What schools should I apply to?
2. Will being an international student make it significantly harder to get into top law schools? If so, what schools tend to be more generous in accepting international students?

Kelly Li

• GPA: 4.0 LSAT: about to take in Oct/11
    • View Profile
Re: What law schools should I apply to?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »
I think you can apply for all the top14. I have no idea whether it is extremely hard for international students to get accepted by top law schools. Your LSAT score is good, but obviously not significant for top3.

Good luck!

bubata

• View Profile
Re: What law schools should I apply to?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:59:22 PM »
Ha! We have the same GPA (still waiting to take the LSAT).

With your numbers I also think you should apply to every school that interests you. Do your research, know what programs they have, know what their rankings are in terms of good/bad professors and percentage of students who pass the BAR (etc.). You can also go to LSAC's webpage, go to Future JD student, and then look for the links that talk about "how to choose law schools" and so forth. The predictions tables that they have can be helpful. You can enter your GPA and LSAT and the cite will tell you your chance (0%-100%) of getting in to a specific school.