Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am on the wire - Cleveland State  (Read 580 times)

dringo12

• View Profile
I am on the wire - Cleveland State
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:36:39 PM »
I have a $$ offer from Cleveland Marshall. I took the LSAT with a plan to apply to schools this fall, but realized that I can apply to a few for fall 2011. Now, I am having serious doubts about attending. I want to have more options about where to go, have a better shot at getting more scholarships, and retake in October for a shot at doing better. That, and I absolutely do not want to work in Cleveland. I tried to rationalize CSU by saying to myself "If I try hard enough I can end up working in CA, NY or anywhere besides Cleveland," but I feel like that's ignoring the reality. I like the opportunity to take the next step and start school, to not have to do various somewhat menial work for another year - frankly I am a little impatient about this. So I am finding it hard to stick to a decision about whether to go or not. 

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I am on the wire - Cleveland State
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »
If you really don't want to work in Cleveland (or greater Cleveland, or whatever), you really should not go to CSU.

In Cleveland, you can get jobs anywhere, and even the very top CSU grads can apply at places like Jones Day, etc.  However, CSU will always be considered a cut below CWRU in law, and that will severely impact your job prospects.  FWIW, I don't think a person should go to CWRU, either, if they don't want to work in Cleveland.  CWRU has pitiful portability out of NE Ohio.