Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Was going to Iraq by the usa a good idea?

yes
 6 (54.5%)
no
 5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: was going to Iraq a good idea?  (Read 9238 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: was going to Iraq a good idea?
« Reply #150 on: February 29, 2012, 01:44:42 AM »
No man, regarding the united states interactions  with other nations even simple Hollywood movies and our American tv shows get our behaviors/likes/dislikes and values into other countries and cultures...if they watch CNN they get our news...don't get me started on magazines...

It's not that aye want them to behave like us it's more like other nations people are curious about our values/behaviors/beliefs/likes and dislikes...it just happens over time....It's only natural....like levi and strauss jeans...
It's not that aye know better; it's that they are interested in us..get it?

other countries look to us as an example....in searching for a medical insurance program we scrutinized how other countries work..canada, great britain...yin yang...you sell me this and aye want to know about that...

with international intercourse sometimes residuals from one body will remain on the other body's blue dress...so to speak.  ;)

My argument is 1) that the gassing of the Kurds was the trigger to take out the regime...a weighty enough reason...and that weighs like an ocean of culture.

the gassing of jewish in germany was reason enough to take out that regime...

Genocide is a good reason to take out a regime...see?

^^ exactly, you seem to want them to behave like us- with our values and our perspective.  Saying you know better than them who rules them?

Not that its directly relevant, but you argument would hold more weight if: 1) the majority of the population asked the US to invade, 2) the majority, not one small group that wants a regime change, but most people want us there or 3) the majority, over %50 of the population, not less than %10 do not want the US to leave.

As it turned out, other than a few minority groups who were being abused, no one wanted the US to invade, over through the government or stay after the conquest was complete.

Not even mention why we should be pissed about it- THE GOVERNMENT LIED TO US and killed 100,000s of people in the process.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

sollicitus

« Reply #151 on: February 29, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »
No man, regarding the united states interactions  with other nations even simple Hollywood movies and our American tv shows get our behaviors/likes/dislikes and values into other countries and cultures...if they watch CNN they get our news...don't get me started on magazines...

It's not that aye want them to behave like us it's more like other nations people are curious about our values...it just happens over time....It's only natural....like levi and strauss jeans...

other countries look to us as an example....in searching for a medical insurance program we scrutinized how other countries work..canada, great britain...yin yang...you sell me this and aye want to know about that...

with international intercourse sometimes residuals from one body will remain on the other body's blue dress...so to speak.  ;)

My argument is 1) that the gassing of the Kurds was the trigger to take out the regime...a weighty enough reason...and that weighs like an ocean of culture.

^^ exactly, you seem to want them to behave like us- with our values and our perspective.  Saying you know better than them who rules them?

Not that its directly relevant, but you argument would hold more weight if: 1) the majority of the population asked the US to invade, 2) the majority, not one small group that wants a regime change, but most people want us there or 3) the majority, over %50 of the population, not less than %10 do not want the US to leave.

As it turned out, other than a few minority groups who were being abused, no one wanted the US to invade, over through the government or stay after the conquest was complete.

Not even mention why we should be pissed about it- THE GOVERNMENT LIED TO US and killed 100,000s of people in the process.

Nazis were bad. No one argues with that. But that idea of it being the reason for the American involvment in the war (or anyone else's) is due to the romantic rewriting of history.  We had no idea of it untill deep into the war, and no true idea of just how bad untill it was well past over.
Russia was just as bad but they were our "ally" because we needed them to be, and then two minutes post WW2 the "coldwar" began.
Genocide is bad, but not the reason for WW2. It was however the reason for the Bosnia and Kosovo wars under Clinton.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 29, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »

It's not that aye want them to behave like us it's more like other nations people are curious about our values...it just happens over time....It's only natural....like levi and strauss jeans...

Nazis were bad. No one argues with that. But that idea of it being the reason for the American involvment in the war (or anyone else's) is due to the romantic rewriting of history.  We had no idea of it untill deep into the war, and no true idea of just how bad untill it was well past over.
Russia was just as bad but they were our "ally" because we needed them to be, and then two minutes post WW2 the "coldwar" began.
Genocide is bad, but not the reason for WW2. It was however the reason for the Bosnia and Kosovo wars under Clinton.

Aye agree...genocide was not the reason for entering ww2 at all...but if we stopped genocide from continuing by entering ww2 then our actions for engaging the conflict were beyond justifiable.

Aye agreed with clintons actions for our engagement there as well.

...if a country engages a conflict and genocide is halted...one has to grasp the good in that cease.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 29, 2012, 05:56:24 PM »
I can't get through to you, Blue.  We talk on two different levels.  If you can't concede, but rather blame media (which is true, but a completely different issue), that the US imposes force to make people do what they want, I just don't know what do do with you.

Can't talk biology with someone who thinks evolution is a myth.  Can't talk about climate change (which is quantifiable) with someone who thinks global warming is a lie.  Can't talk about WWII with someone who says the holocaust didn't happen.  You deny the facts. (Please don't go into these issues- just analogies man).
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

sollicitus

« Reply #154 on: February 29, 2012, 06:09:39 PM »
I think he is just trying to say genocide is bad

and you are trying to say, not if it is to a minority group who opposes a dictator that we want out of power for economic and political reasons.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 29, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »
^^ ha, I can't tell which one of us is under assault here.  I pass.  You take it Blue :).
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."