Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Was going to Iraq by the usa a good idea?

yes
 6 (54.5%)
no
 5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: was going to Iraq a good idea?  (Read 9442 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: was going to Iraq a good idea?
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2012, 12:35:05 AM »
Proud?  Aye am happy for the people in norhern Iraq who are rising from the shadow of a tyrant...the bonds the people of iraq are making with other countries....the strides our troops have made in the region...our serviceman and women are professional in Iraq...after husseins removal and arrest our military quelled a civil war...engaging the people and treated them with respect and honor...they accomplished this one town at a time...one tribe at a time...

Our opinions about the business of Germany was pretty far away but along with killing hitler we killed many Germans....many many germans...with dictators in charge of countries it is difficult to avoid bloodshed when removing them.

But look how well Germany is doing today.

Did you check out any Kurdish periodicals?

Remember...we wouldn't even be discussing Kurdistan if we and other nations hadn't removed Hussein...that is my main point.

That's a lot of opinions about the business of people pretty far away- keep your opinions, that's cool, just stop killing them.  Certainly, stop killing them and patting yourself on the back- Hilter did that. 

For many reasons, the Allies were good to the defeated- Not only did they not want it to happen again, they were sorry WWII had ever happened. 

You seem so proud of something so awful- glad it happened and anticipating it happening again with glee (there will always be people who do thing you don't like- kill them all?).
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2012, 05:30:36 PM »
only goatfuckers support iraq war.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »
that's bad news for my goat.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »
be sure goat gets its shots.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »
Tell the goat to be sure I get mine.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2012, 04:39:48 PM »
hey, it your goat.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2012, 05:36:37 PM »
Its one of my goats.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2012, 06:04:25 PM »
uh oh.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2012, 06:23:27 PM »

Fortook:  If you spend much time trying to have intelligent discussions with and try to reason with BlueWarrior, you will very quickly have the urge to

He's a war monger, and probably so from spending too much time playing violent video games. 

Granted, he has made a few good points in this thread, seems to have the ability to read news stories and likes the people in northern Iraq.  The Kurds in Northern Iraq got majorly shafted by Saddam and almost completely exterminated so it is good that they are now living without constant fear of getting gassed.

The Hussein regime was bad news for pretty much everybody in that area of the world, including Saddam himself with the way it worked out for him, his family and cohorts in the end. Bummer for them, but luckily that is what typically ends up happening eventually to evil, greedy and violent people.

Was it worth the $$ spent and lives lost to try to help bring peace to the middle east and encourage the governments and populations of people in the area to behave in more civilized, less violent ways?  I don't have an answer to that question. Maybe in a few decades or centuries historians might have some good facts/information/news to publish and write about regarding that area of the world.  A boy can hope and dream!!

Political leaders and military forces from all around what is called the western world and other more evolved countries/areas have been trying to intervene diplomatically and otherwise with force to try and figure out how to create some semblance of peace, civility and to provide and establish basic daily living conditions (daily needs: housing, food, plumbing, medical care, etc.) for the populations of people in the region for well over a few hundred years without success. 

Without looking up a historical reference, if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure the violence, strife, hatred, killing, far from humanitarian behavior activities, sectarian violence due to biases and other prejudiced fueled and other uncivilized behaviors have been going on in the region for thousands of years. 

Nobody has been able to fix it no matter which approaches they have attempted.  It's up to the people and leaders of those areas to work it out. 

I've got a few simple ideas about how to pave the way to make those areas less violent and the inhabitants being able to live decent lives daily.

#1:  Affordable housing with air conditioning.
If I had to live in and walk around in sometimes up to 130F temperatures in the desert just to find something to eat each day while the leaders are building lavish palaces and having fun shooting people and blowing things up I'd be pretty pissed off too. 

#2: [Related to #1] Leaders, use some of that $$ you get from selling the oil you keep pumping out of the earth below you to fund idea #1.  If you do that you won't miss a dime and will still have plenty of $$ for everything you desire.

#3: Better infrastructure, use some of the oil $$ revenue to improve that stuff, you've got plenty of land to develop things on.  Dubai, Saudi Arabia and a few other places are doing a good job of that on small plots of land in the area.

#4: Education.  Build more schools, colleges, etc. and educate the populations with stuff beyond stupid regime designed propaganda.  Better educated people tend to behave more civilly, rationally and less violently. 

#5: Westernized countries, stop selling weapons, artillery, ammunition and military warfare gear to unstable countries in the region.

#6: Just chill, be cool, and stop loving the AKs, RPGs and other weapons so much.  Keep them out of the hands of the young uneducated, possibly brainwashed kids.

My main view about what to do about the situations now from a USA/Western Country perspective is containment. Make sure no crazies with bombs or whatever weapons to kill get out of the countries/get over here or into other countries to use or detonate them, don't sell them/let them have any more weaponry, and then just let them work it out among themselves for now.

My short form principle:  More education, less weapons/artillery for killing and violence.  Educated people tend to behave and interact with others in much more civilized, less violent ways.

Maybe NATO or whoever else should drop-ship a bunch of books/instruction manuals along with some MREs into the bad regions.

/end_rant

PS:  Blue, RE: your post on the previous page where you criticized me. You are the one that is confused, not me.  I'm happy that you at least cut down the pirate talk for now. Maybe where you live people use aye instead of I, it sounds like local Caribbean Islands slang, but it is bad English to use on an American law school discussion forum, especially when you are talking about and wanting to have discussion about USA politics/policies/actions/elections/etc. 

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:26 PM »
yes.  good english only!