Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Was going to Iraq by the usa a good idea?

yes
 6 (54.5%)
no
 5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: was going to Iraq a good idea?  (Read 8606 times)

LincolnLover

Re: was going to Iraq a good idea?
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2012, 06:57:16 PM »
Welcome to LSD friend.  :)

I think we went off topic here.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
I think we went off topic here.

this off-topic.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2012, 01:05:19 AM »

Aye think it might be your lack of concentration and focused comprehension that made you derail this thread, my man.

Your criticisms of my writing are helpful...aye relish with the thought that you get it...then you're confused...you think you're on a pirate ship and then you get it...and then you get confused...

Very rhythmic.....

Blue,

Thanks for the backhanded compliment.  :-\

Unfortunately you included more insults, invalid assumptions and conclusions about me.  I appreciate you acknowledging that I'm a nice guy since that is true, but starting off your post by referring to me as up chuck casts doubt on the sincerity of your supposed compliment. 

I agreed with you about certain issues regarding Iraq, Saddam Hussein, his regime, and his family.  You actually wrote a few good posts that weren't in pirate talk, made sense and were understandable.  Most of your other posts are undecipherable because of your weird pirate phrasing, misspellings, and other weird ways of writing. 

It's a bummer you got upset that the thread meandered/derailed a bit from the subject title.
I'm not sure why you are surprised and complaining about it, especially since you helped cause it with insults and stupid inaccurate accusations. 

Deal with it.  Doing that shouldn't be a challenge for you since you've had adventures all over the world including in the middle east. 
You've been posting a lot of rambling nonsense on this discussion board for years. Hopefully you have also been reading threads other than the ones you've started.
This thread you started going off track a bit shouldn't be an unusual event to you and cause your panties to get in a wad, especially since this is the off topic board.

Switching from pirate talk to posting a quote from Stars Wars to insult me is an impressive demonstration of your wordsmith abilities, creativity and originality.

Here's a tribute to you and playing with your Star Wars toys:

Maybe you should consider proofreading the text you write every now and then.

...up chuck is a nice guy...aye'm not about to handle him the way aye mock and beat the shite out of that bigot on the board...so don't worry about him trying to rip NYLS...

They say living well is revenge enough and aye live better than comfortable...aye do make fun of friends and colleagues who have spent much money and MOSTLY time going to ivy league schools...many of them were sweating in the law library at Yale while aye was sweating my ass off in the far east....aye make fun of them and they have to take it because they really have nothing which compares to a life of adventure...and success planted, nurtured and reaped through personal and independent efforts...these guys got money and aye'm the one slapping down the black metal to pay the check...funny...

...my degree was because aye had the time and thought it would be fun...most of what aye studied is good in theory but not really practical even when one practices law...my degree is a trophy...nice to have...nice, like .up's remarks. ;D

...he can try to poke fun all he wants...it's very amusing...like criticizing the ocean worthiness of a ship which has already left the port and is half way around the earth.

..it's funny..he thinks aye'm the one off a little bit and he's the one who doesn't even know he went off topic..lol..

...learning, he still is the young padwan. ;)

If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »
putz.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
...let's get back on topic

Northern Iraq is solidifying business ties with Canada.

We  call Iraq and it's transformation from a dictatorship to democracy the Vernal equinox of the "arab spring awakening".

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2012, 02:28:16 PM »
I don't buy that argument blue, but its not a bad one-  you're getting better with the justification argument change ups.  Only problem is argument change ups = bad previous arguments and suspect future arguments. 

Sadly, Iraq was a colossal failure and the U.S. gov is starting to admit it.  I really hope Canada can do some good there- with trade, not war btw.  The Americans really f.ed up the Iraqis sh.t. :(
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »
I don't buy that argument blue, but its not a bad one-  you're getting better with the justification argument change ups.  Only problem is argument change ups = bad previous arguments and suspect future arguments. 

Sadly, Iraq was a colossal failure and the U.S. gov is starting to admit it.  I really hope Canada can do some good there- with trade, not war btw.  The Americans really f.ed up the Iraqis sh.t. :(

A great amount of what is happening in northern Iraq has been under reported....so, those of us who get our information from middle east outlets and other business reports know that the operations in Iraq by the USA freed up the entire population in the north.  Canada, Scotland, and the USA are developing business ties on an exponential scale in Iraq.  If you follow the history the outcomes in Iraq are positive changes....this is increasing everyday..

If you seriously want to understand more read some Kurdish periodicals...eg."the Kurdish globe"

This will turn out to be an issue like the naysayers of ww2....and isolationists.

You can continue to say that Iraq is a mess....You'd be wrong because you don't choose to see what is happening in northern Iraq.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »
Please stop comparing Iraq to WWII.  Its like comparing some modern political fool, who is largely inconsequential in the scope of time and forgotten in a generation to someone as important as JC.

I'm not an isolationist, I just don't like any war, especially war that is unnecessary or avoidable.  Iraq was a blunder because the reasons for it, progressively, have been either bunk or lies- that is the problem, not the outcome.

So, say you are right, Iraq is a place of flowers and sunshine and life is really better for the people there.  Its not true but for arguments sake.  Even so, the Iraq war was still wrong, ill advised and folly.  Because there was no reason for it, not because after a decade of warfare and 100,000s dead the people there now are better off.  Lies, death and power- an age old problem and always bad.

If you really want to make a WWII comparison, we the American are analogous to Germany, the NAZIs and the Iraqis are the beaten nations of Europe.  We were the initial aggressors, not them.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »
Please stop comparing Iraq to WWII.  Its like comparing some modern political fool, who is largely inconsequential in the scope of time and forgotten in a generation to someone as important as JC.

I'm not an isolationist, I just don't like any war, especially war that is unnecessary or avoidable.  Iraq was a blunder because the reasons for it, progressively, have been either bunk or lies- that is the problem, not the outcome.

So, say you are right, Iraq is a place of flowers and sunshine and life is really better for the people there.  Its not true but for arguments sake.  Even so, the Iraq war was still wrong, ill advised and folly.  Because there was no reason for it, not because after a decade of warfare and 100,000s dead the people there now are better off.  Lies, death and power- an age old problem and always bad.

If you really want to make a WWII comparison, we the American are analogous to Germany, the NAZIs and the Iraqis are the beaten nations of Europe.  We were the initial aggressors, not them.

Aye use it as analogy because we have forgotten about those who objected to ww 2 ...many opposed that war for many of the same reasons regarding Iraq.  And hitler like Hussein invaded his neighbors...hussein invaded Kuwait and Iran and gassed Kurds...hitler invaded Poland, Austria, and Belgium and gassed jews... ...he was a murdering dictator..like Hussein...there are many comparisons to be drawn...and aye will continue to do so...because history repeats itself...

...aye agree with our reasons for going into Iraq...aye didn't want a holocaust...aye didn 't want Hussein back in Kuwait...aye didn't want to see his sons come to power...aye didn't want to see huusein invading iran...these were some of the reasons aye agreed with going into Iraq...the outcome of ww2 took a long time to find positive changes...

With Iraq, we can read, in the present how positive changes are occurring in Kurdistan....we wouldn't even be using the word Kurdistan had we not engaged Hussein and company...

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
That's a lot of opinions about the business of people pretty far away- keep your opinions, that's cool, just stop killing them.  Certainly, stop killing them and patting yourself on the back- Hilter did that. 

For many reasons, the Allies were good to the defeated- Not only did they not want it to happen again, they were sorry WWII had ever happened. 

You seem so proud of something so awful- glad it happened and anticipating it happening again with glee (there will always be people who do thing you don't like- kill them all?).