Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Was going to Iraq by the usa a good idea?

yes
 6 (54.5%)
no
 5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: was going to Iraq a good idea?  (Read 9435 times)

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
Re: was going to Iraq a good idea?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
Oh Blue, it pains me to say this- I agree with Julie.  There I said it.  You're right I was mocking him, but because of his semantics, not his issues.  I don't think I can get between you too, the love in the air is palatable and beautiful.  Carry on :)

Don't feel pained.  As a conservative independent aye  agree with libertarians views of government more than the liberal donkees and most democrat ideology.... Aye would be correct that you are a libertarian, right?...and understand their position on engaging in military operations...and aye flat out disagree with isolationism...which is the pure lbtrn view... Still too many oppressive dictators and regimes even since ww2.  Oppression and genocide are realities which we as human beings must deal with and we can't take the careless or selfish route on these issues. ....somtimes we have to assist others...

Bush policies and our armed services liberated Kurdish northern mesopoetamia...obama has lockstep followed bush policies but no outcry...that is awesome...and affirms that all the naysying was bunk...esp from the mostly liberal media...the kurds live and thrive today...one of our oldest cultures on the planet...A culture which Hussein and his sons would rather eradicate.   Historians are already conceding that the ends justified the means in this case...and view it as a success...time will tell more...obviously...but aye point to the Arab spring as a c change for the region.

Mocking him has been very funny to a lot of us on the board over the years mostly because we ruffle his thinly feathered head...and it obviously bothers him...aye laughed quite a bit with your love comment...aye find that stuff really fly because aye am a man and HE is a bit of a bigot..."he doesn't really appreciate it" it makes him "uncomfortable"...he ALWAYS trys to dis the person who makes comments like that...just like he did to you...for a liberal he is a bit homophobic...and he thinks aye'm a pub...aye guess he thinks this should bother a pub??  he is actually more of a pub than he thinks aye am...aye think my strong support of bush and cheney with regard to national security really messed with his head...

If you want to have a little fun see if he'd vote for Ron Paul?   Aye think Paul is great and would do a good job as c.i.c...if aye don't go with bam...paul will probably get my vote...time to shrink our fed gov a bit...got too damn big and time to put the credit card away...

Carry on...keep up the mocking!,!!!

But remember....you responded to this thread and there was no need, except if u just wanted join in the fun...but realize...you won second place for being the fool who follows the fool... 8) keep up the good work.

If you don't believe my long analysis of ferboy's bigotry....ask him if he thinks the civil war was necessary to liberate people of color from the bonds of slavery...or for that matter that they should have been freed.

Oh...my... h e a v y, right? Can't do it can ya?  Maybe we are the same poster but...aye will answer your questions...he will always evade or bring hyperchorisms to bear....why?
Aye think he is lazy.

A long time ago he thought it would be a good idea to pay to be on this board??? Can you imagine? He's a real American idiot....and aye remind as often as aye can...as long as prepositions and articles and conjunctions still exist so long the mocking will continue...

Px.o.rsta ??? 8)
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
Libertarian? Ron Swanson is funny because he is so extreme, that's him not me.  As far as labels, I'm not a big fan of all the polar, be on my team, law of the excluded middle silliness.  The "conservatives" call me a liberal, but I think that's just because to them there are only two choices for everything and nothing else.  So if I don't agree with them on every single issue, only thing I can be is a liberal and of course that means they know all of my positions on everything so why should I bother saying anything.  Even being indifferent or impartial means: you one of them darn liberals. The "liberals" aren't perfect by any means, but they not quite so absolute about absolutely everything and won't exclude the indifferent or impartial as quickly.  Does that mean I'm a liberal. idk.

Arabs? Got nothing against them.  Defiantly don't want to kill them.  They a world away, I don't want to kill anyone or force them to do anything.  I understand going to war for their oil for money, but I don't like it, they a world away bro.  We aren't in the middle east to spread rainbows and sunshine.  We are there to kill them and that's f'ed up.

I am the number one fool! I want a recount. I never get second.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 10:26:20 PM »
Libertarian? Ron Swanson is funny because he is so extreme, that's him not me.  As far as labels, I'm not a big fan of all the polar, be on my team, law of the excluded middle silliness.  The "conservatives" call me a liberal, but I think that's just because to them there are only two choices for everything and nothing else.  So if I don't agree with them on every single issue, only thing I can be is a liberal and of course that means they know all of my positions on everything so why should I bother saying anything.  Even being indifferent or impartial means: you one of them darn liberals. The "liberals" aren't perfect by any means, but they not quite so absolute about absolutely everything and won't exclude the indifferent or impartial as quickly.  Does that mean I'm a liberal. idk.

Arabs? Got nothing against them.  Defiantly don't want to kill them.  They a world away, I don't want to kill anyone or force them to do anything.  I understand going to war for their oil for money, but I don't like it, they a world away bro.  We aren't in the middle east to spread rainbows and sunshine.  We are there to kill them and that's f'ed up.

I am the number one fool! I want a recount. I never get second.

Interesting...Germany was a world away...but do you think it was a good idea to go? Anything redeeming come from that? 

Extreme right and extreme left are both bunk...but liberal is code for extreme left and democrat party, only...conservative is code for middle of the road dem.....middle of road pub...and far right pub...conservative independent is middle....no absolute ideology...only issues...is'nt there difference to you...

And aye agree 100 percent with the" label" disabled....one of my mantras, my man.

lawyerintraining

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »
if you feel that going to iraq was beneficial in any slight way...then vote yes...if you think that nothing was beneficial then vote no...

get it?

if you are a simpleton and must put a reply...then you let everyone know that you are a simpleton....please feel free and post a comment...

There is no need to post a reply....

1st Amendment freedom of speech, I'll post just because I can (same reason, if not better than whatever reason you two have for trying to kiss eachother all day across the screen) You sure don't haver the time/place/managment authority to tell me what to do.

Yes, Iraq was a good idea. Symbolic speech, to express the idea of "if you mess with my daddy I gonna make your head pop off on your own national tv". I like that message.  8)

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 11:36:55 PM »
Germany?  The Middle East?  Apples and oranges.  Germany declared war on the US, not the other way around.  Germany sunk US ships, planned N. American bombing raids, in short they were the aggressors. 

The Mid East is nothing like that, the US picks fights there for oil, money, influence, sh.its and giggles.  If we didn't want their oil, we wouldn't care what they do or how they live there lives.  Heard anything in the news lately about SE Asia or S America? Can't open a paper without reading some horrible nastiness happening in the Mid East. All the rest is American propaganda.  I actually had to explain to a buddy of mine just back from Iraq how Saddam was not a NAZI.  He was told Saddam was a NAZI, a f'in NAZI.  Meh.

If you have goals their then state them.  All the pussie footing around, saying how we there to help them is just bunk, intelligence insulting bunk.  And they know it too.

Yeah, I just invaded your country, killed thousands of people, displaced millions of people because I'm trying to help you, really:

Remember, when I showed up at your house and punched you in the face and stole your TV?  I was doing it to help you!  Why are you so ungrateful?  I came all the way over here, went out of my way to punch you in the face, and take that terrible TV off your hands that was hurting your eyes and you won't thank me?  You so ungrateful.  No you can't have your TV back, its bad for you.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

lawyerintraining

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 01:12:23 AM »
Remind me again exactly how much oil we have gained in Afganistan?  ::)

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
Meh

lawyerintraining

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 12:14:29 PM »

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »
yes, yes.

we lost iraq, remember?  iran won.

all hail happily-former-president gump.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 04:14:44 AM »
Come on, man. Oversimplification? Apples and oranges are fruit are they not?  That cliche is not an argument.  There are many similarities one can draw from military operations. aye'll get back to you later on that theory that we joined ww2 because the Germans declared war on us...and attacked our ships?...um remember pearl harbor? And even during the late 30's there were isolationists and interventionists. 

Aye believe there was a time where Hussein invaded Kuwait not that he knew that the us did business with Kuwait.  And perhaps Hussein never said that he would "make Kuwait a graveyard for those who launched any aggression".  And strange how after engaging the battle of ww2 we inadvertently saved a culture from eradication and stopped a genocidal lunatic.  Germany was a world away from post-depression America, as well.

Before he took power, Hussein was a Baathist, not a nazi--your friend is misguided.  Aye can think of only one incident @ 1941 where baathists asked nazi Germany for help against the pro-British mesopoetamian monarchy.

Iraqi north is thriving without the dictator...and the only good genocidal tyrant is a dead one...
Do the ends justify the means..well? Is humanity better without hitler? Is humanity better off without Hussein and sons?  Aye know it is.

Germany?  The Middle East?  Apples and oranges.  Germany declared war on the US, not the other way around.  Germany sunk US ships, planned N. American bombing raids, in short they were the aggressors. 

The Mid East is nothing like that, the US picks fights there for oil, money, influence, sh.its and giggles.  If we didn't want their oil, we wouldn't care what they do or how they live there lives.  Heard anything in the news lately about SE Asia or S America? Can't open a paper without reading some horrible nastiness happening in the Mid East. All the rest is American propaganda.  I actually had to explain to a buddy of mine just back from Iraq how Saddam was not a NAZI.  He was told Saddam was a NAZI, a f'in NAZI.  Meh.

If you have goals their then state them.  All the pussie footing around, saying how we there to help them is just bunk, intelligence insulting bunk.  And they know it too.

Yeah, I just invaded your country, killed thousands of people, displaced millions of people because I'm trying to help you, really:

Remember, when I showed up at your house and punched you in the face and stole your TV?  I was doing it to help you!  Why are you so ungrateful?  I came all the way over here, went out of my way to punch you in the face, and take that terrible TV off your hands that was hurting your eyes and you won't thank me?  You so ungrateful.  No you can't have your TV back, its bad for you.