Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT PrepTest Scoring Program  (Read 466 times)

pencilnerd

• View Profile
LSAT PrepTest Scoring Program
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »
I have created a program to automatically generate a score report based on your answers to LSAT Preptests at http://www.pencilnerd.com/score-my-lsat-2/.  Right now i only have up to Preptest 38, but i intend to add the more recent ones soon. Of course, these score reports are not official, and represent my view/categorization of question types. However, the score reports allow you to not only instantly get your scaled score but also see how you did on specific question types. For example, what percent of flaw questions did you get right? How did you do on reading comp. inference questions? The score reports are intended to help you focus in on those areas that need the most improvement. Let me know what you think!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: LSAT PrepTest Scoring Program
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »
The dropdowns for the answer choices are kinda clunky.  It'd be even better if you had radio buttons or could just type them in.

Edit:  I take it back.  You can select the first box, then just type the letters and hit tab for each one.  That's actually pretty easy to use.

I like the graphs, but I'd split up some of your categories:
Principle questions split into "principle conform" and "principle justify"
Parallel questions split into "parallel reasoning" and "parallel flaw" and "parallel principle"
Inference questions split into "must be true" and "most strongly supported."

Also, we shouldn't have to give an email address if we uncheck the "add me to the PencilNerd mailing list" box, IMHO.