Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A Quick Synopsis of Canadian Law Schools?  (Read 1321 times)

viyer00

• View Profile
A Quick Synopsis of Canadian Law Schools?
« on: July 04, 2011, 11:28:36 PM »
I am giving very serious thought to leaving the US permanently because this country is run by monkeys. I do have some questions on the nature of the Canadian legal system though. Is it similar to the adversarial US form or more similar to European -- i.e., French -- forms? I wish to practice criminal defense law, any ideas where I should apply? What are salaries like for criminal defense attorneys? I will have completed 2 years of college French by the time I graduate, so I could perhaps consider Montreal, but legal French sounds intimidating (especially the Montreal variety). My GPA is a bit of a long story, but the distilled version is a 3.6 (should be a 3.7+ by graduation). In my diagnostic LSAT, I scored a 160 and the subsequent practice tests have yielded a 165 and 170 and I still have several months of studying left. Does any site like lawschoolnumbers exist for Canadian schools?

vaio998

• View Profile
Re: A Quick Synopsis of Canadian Law Schools?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »
The following link has application and admissions criteria for 15 Canadian law schools including: regular applicant profile and enrollment, strengths and special programs, and tuition and expenses.

http://www.oxfordseminars.ca/LSAT/lsat_profiles.php

justanothersucker

Re: A Quick Synopsis of Canadian Law Schools?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »
Canadians come here to go to lawschool and then go back. So do Chinese and Brits and Africans(seen it all)

So why not vice versa?

I heard anyone can own a gun in Canada even someone fresh out the psych ward with 8 felonies and a "Red Rum" tatooed on their forehead.
Is this true?