Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Retaking the LSAT  (Read 925 times)

weye

• View Profile
    • Email
Retaking the LSAT
« on: June 29, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
Hi all,

I took the June LSAT and was disappointed to have scored a 165.  My test range was a 167-174, with the average being a 170 flat.  I feel I significantly underperformed in every section, though I didn't feel rattled during the test.  Since I have a 3.99 at a top 20 private university and very strong softs I was considering highly competitive schools (top 6, GULC and Vandy) but realize that with the 165 I'd be lucky to get into GULC and Vandy and have almost no shot at the others.  How do I express that this score was an aberration on an addendum?  Will the October test results be out early enough for me to apply at a decent point in the admissions cycle?  I know I am capable of beating this test but can't help but be discouraged by the most recent results.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Retaking the LSAT
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:07:16 PM »
Hi all,

I took the June LSAT and was disappointed to have scored a 165.  My test range was a 167-174, with the average being a 170 flat.  I feel I significantly underperformed in every section, though I didn't feel rattled during the test.  Since I have a 3.99 at a top 20 private university and very strong softs I was considering highly competitive schools (top 6, GULC and Vandy) but realize that with the 165 I'd be lucky to get into GULC and Vandy and have almost no shot at the others.  How do I express that this score was an aberration on an addendum?  Will the October test results be out early enough for me to apply at a decent point in the admissions cycle?  I know I am capable of beating this test but can't help but be discouraged by the most recent results.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No addendum needed.  Just retake October and have your applications all ready to send as soon as the score comes out (i.e. have all your LORs, essays, etc. sent to LSAC).  The October test isn't too late in the cycle, but I wouldn't wait much longer than that.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 08:11:16 PM »
october test be hardest ever.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 07:06:21 PM »
Ha, I love you Julie.  What about the Dec test?  Hardest ever?
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
That joke gets funnier every time I see it.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »
Ha, I love you Julie.  What about the Dec test?  Hardest ever?

if see trend...

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 03:21:13 PM »
That joke gets funnier every time I see it.

you fine american.