Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Distance Learning School in CA - American Institute of Law  (Read 888 times)

financialandtaxguy

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Everybody,

Did you all happen to notice that a new distance learning law school has come into existence?  If you go to the link I provided in the other post for online and distance learning law schools registered on the California Bar website or just go straight to this link http://www.lawinstitute.com/  you will see that this Cal Bar Registered law school just started in 2011.  Tuition is reasonable (around $3000 per year), about the same as Northwestern California University School of Law where I went and was planning to return after I pass the Baby Bar.  Take a look and tell me what you think about it!

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Distance Learning School in CA - American Institute of Law
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
In the Disclosures section, it says that the school's policy, like all the other online law schools, except, I believe, Concord, [and, I know],  Novus and Mid-Atlantic, is that if you don't pass the FYLSE after 3 consecutive attempts (nevermind the flight and hotel fees three times in a row), you will be expelled from the school.

I recommend that anyone enrolling in an online law school,  should read a casebook on Torts, Criminal Law, and Contracts, 3 times, BEFORE enrolling.  Then, when your year is up, you will have a much better chance of passing the FYLSE the FIRST TIME.   Remember, there is nothing wrong with an online law school student's mind.  The FYLSE program is designed to be a full time law reader program and it is sold to students with part-time resources.
Angie