Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THIS BOARD IS DEAD.  (Read 3286 times)

AspiringBlackLawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
THIS BOARD IS DEAD.
« on: June 18, 2011, 04:45:36 AM »
When I was in high school between 2004-2008 this was one of the busiest law sites on the web! Now its dead. R.I.P LSD.

thebilt05

• View Profile
Re: THIS BOARD IS DEAD.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 08:09:18 AM »
hey aspiringblacklawyer I have been reading your replies on other people's post and you seem knowledgeable. I had a 2.39 UGPA and now I currently have a 3.5 in grad school. I am in Louisiana, and Im studying now until the October LSAT comes. I have 6 schools that Im applying to.
Southern University
University of Houston
Loyola University(New Orleans)
Texas Southern
LSU
and my reach school is Tulane(New Orleans)

I am aiming to get a 157-162 on the LSAT, my question is do the law schools look at grad gpa's or do I have to put this in my personal statement explaining that I didnt take school seriously at the beginning part of my undergrad years and also explain the upward trend in grades towards the end of my UG years. and now i have a determination that burns in me to do well in school now.

thanks in a ahead for advice

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:52:34 AM »
do the law schools look at grad gpa's or do I have to put this in my personal statement explaining that I didnt take school seriously at the beginning part of my undergrad years and also explain the upward trend in grades towards the end of my UG years.

Law schools only focus on grad GPA if you are otherwise qualified to be at the law school.  Law schools determine whether you're qualified by looking at your uGPA, LSAT, and URM status.  Thus, your grad GPA really won't be considered unless you're already competitive for those schools.

AspiringBlackLawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 04:02:14 AM »
bilt05, well im not sure of your racial status but for me it was 100% LSAT. I barely graduated from college. Just breaking the 2 point barrier. I knew the LSAT was my only way into law school. Being from detroit and attending the worst schools in america, I knew I would get some sympathy from law schools. So Just aim as high as you can get. Remember grad school doesnt count. Nobody gets below a 3 in grad school. I put your info in the site law school predictor. I dont know about tulane and lsu but loyola, southern and tsu are definite options for you if you score high 150'S.

thebilt05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 08:09:47 AM »
thank you aspiring.... I am also a African American Male 24 years old

thebilt05

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 08:19:11 AM »
And to add to my previous post .... I have been working with personal instructor to assist me in doing well on the LSAT. The guy who is helping has been doing this since before I was even born. But he is really intense during our sessions. He pushes me to do well on the logic reasoning bcuz that is 75% of the LSAT. So far I have been scoring in the 150's on my practice so in October we'll see how that transitions over to the real game time.......

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 12:57:51 PM »
golly, then should know logic not 75% of test.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »
When I was in high school between 2004-2008 this was one of the busiest law sites on the web! Now its dead. R.I.P LSD.

I agree.  Between 04 to 08 this board was on fire.  Now you're lucky to get 10 people on line at the same time.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Punosrey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »
^As a late joiner myself, I pretty much wondered why there were barely any new posts, is there any other hotspot people on here post on or is that it?  :(
It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives. But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for? How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth.

Nic Benny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
I agree...I'm starting Law School in August - and when I learned of this site, I was excited.  And shortly after joining, I was disappointed because there is very little activity.  It's quite disappointing.