Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Proposing to a 2L  (Read 575 times)

JTThornton

• View Profile
Proposing to a 2L
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:21:30 PM »
I love this girl, and she's always joking that she loves studying the law almost as much as she loves me. I want to ask her to spend the rest of her life with me, incorporating her love of the law in the way I propose. I've thought about using her love of travel by proposing over the PA system on the plane when we go to visit her family in New Orleans in a month, or by proposing at a karaoke bar after singing her a love song. But even though she loves these things, nothing sums up Lara quite like her willingness to practice corporate/intellectual property law. Any help would be much appreciated.

MrsElleMonk

• View Profile
Re: Proposing to a 2L
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »
I am really not creative when it comes to romance, but I have some friends on another board who are. I hope you don't mind, but I posted your question there. Here are some of the responses:

---
I like his idea about the karaoke bar!! Or even the PA system! Law is not what I would call romantic, lol, so I am at a loss there. Maybe just respond with what you suggested and say you think his ideas are great too!
Or, I don't know how much work it would, I am sooo not into law. But, could he make up some sort of document and say he needs help with it? Or just give her some premade document thingy that is already made. And add a page, like on page 25 or something, where it is actually hidden in the text in the page? Kinda like your idea, but making it so that it is "in" the book or document, so that she actually has to be reading it seriously, and then kinda do a double take to fiigure out what she just read.... that's all I got.
---
That's great though!! Maybe he could ask one of her professors to bury the page in one of her assigned readings??
---

As more posts come through, I will copy them along! Hope you don't mind!!
"The idea is to constantly learn. You are always taking an examination. There is no end to learning... There is no real end to what can be done by whom."

- Thomas Friedman, The World is Flat

MrsElleMonk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »
He needs to have her "served" with papers, wink, and have the ring inside the folded papers.
---

There's another suggestion... no idea what kind of papers could she could be served with, but it's a start!
"The idea is to constantly learn. You are always taking an examination. There is no end to learning... There is no real end to what can be done by whom."

- Thomas Friedman, The World is Flat

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:08:39 PM »
Been married a bit and would suggest that the public/PA route is tacky.  I think she would prefer something creative, memorable, romantic, and private.  You do not want to be one of these guys on youtube who does the public proposal and gets denied.