Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are the any Law Schools still accepting applications for the FAll 2011?  (Read 1170 times)

trajantate

• View Profile
I have decided to attend law school and I am still in the infancy stages of my research, I just hate to waste my time attending a Masters Program in the Fall instead of attending Law School.Finances have been my road block and that is why up until now, I haven't seriously considered attending law school.With no prep I made a 151 LSAT. Although I took the LSAT to see what I could score, I felt that Law School was financially out of reach for a husband and father of 3 in my position.I currently have a BS of Criminal Justice that I attained in August 2010 and an 2nd in Political Science that I will receive at the end of this month.My overall GPA is very close to a 3.5.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
There are a few Charlotte, Phoneix, Florida Coastal, and Tulsa accepted me with a June application, Appalachian may also accept you and there might be others. That being said it is not a good idea to rush into law school. It is a 3 year 100k+ investment and it should be well researched and prepared for. Law school will be there next year and rushing into it is probably not the best idea.

borntorun

• View Profile
    • Email
I just got an email from Ohio Northern University saying they were still accepting Fall 2011 apps. Your scores would seem to fall in line with their averages, although at this late date they might be more picky?

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I just got an email from Ohio Northern University saying they were still accepting Fall 2011 apps. Your scores would seem to fall in line with their averages, although at this late date they might be more picky?

I'm guessing they still need/want students if they're still beating the bushes at this point.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I think these e-mails are often sent out to manipulate the rankings. They just want you to apply so they can reject you and make it look like they rejected more applicants. I remember in 2008 getting e-mails with attached fee waivers from all kinds of schools many of which were a long shot for me to be accepted into. They quickly reject you and make it look like there school is more selective than they really are. Just one of the many ways law schools waste time, money, and man power trying to manipulate a for-profit private magazine that has no authority instead of giving the best education they can to their students.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I think these e-mails are often sent out to manipulate the rankings. They just want you to apply so they can reject you and make it look like they rejected more applicants. ...

Funny thing about that.  I applied to CWRU and even though I wasn't a lock, I was in the realm of reason as far as an applicant.  (LSAT right in the middle and gpa on the lower end.)

Got rejected immediately.

Oh well.

A few weeks later, they called back to ask if I had decided on a law school, and if I hadn't, that they would re-activate my application.

What? 

Methinks they rejected me a bit prematurely and when they flood of super qualified applicants didn't appear in the numbers they had hoped, they started backpedalling a bit.

By then, though, I was already accepted somewhere else with a scholarship.  I should have had them take another look at my app, just to see if I could get an acceptance, though.