Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Order of analytical reasoning questions  (Read 563 times)

syracuse32

• View Profile
    • Email
Order of analytical reasoning questions
« on: June 03, 2011, 07:22:55 PM »
So I've been going from Q1 to 14 or 15 and then starting with the last question and working my way backward. I know Kaplan recommends this method. Any thoughts? I have found that I actually end up not getting to questions 17-20ish. Then, when i look them over, I realize they were easier than 21-25, in most cases

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Order of analytical reasoning questions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
I did powerscore and they say to just tackle the games you are best at and save your weaker games for last and the games with less questions.  IMO the first question in the game is the easiest, it commonly asks for a possible solution to the game which can be found by just applying the rules given.  This is a gimme and is really helpful for solving other questions in the game as some info can be reused.  For example the second question might ask you for a complete list of racers which could possibly finish second; you would already know of one for sure from the first question which asks for a possible solution. 
I think that by doing the questions in reverse order you are making it harder.

syracuse32

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:48:21 PM »
I goofed! I meant to write logical reasoning questions and not the analytical games.

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »
Thats cool,
I have noticed that the logic reasoning questions get harder after the first 10 or so and that in my opinion the hardest questions are from 20-25.  I did take a test where i started at the end and worked backwards and i was more comfortable tackling the harder questions when i was fresh and saving the easier ones for the end. 
But, i think that the later questions take more time and so your getting less points per minute.  By starting with the easier questions you might be able to complete more questions.