Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The first reading comprehension passage  (Read 683 times)

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
The first reading comprehension passage
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »
I commonly tackle the passages with the most questions first, and the least questions last.  The first passage has only 5 questions so i normally skip this one and complete the last 3 passages, returning to only skim over the first passage.
However, i have noticed that when i go back to complete the skipped passage once the test is over that i think it is an easier passage. 
Has anyone else noticed that the first passage tends to have lighter material?  in todays prep test i started with the first passage and completed it in just 5 minutes (5 questions included).  I have also thought when returning to the first passage, with only moments left in the section, that i can fly through it. although that could be because the last minutes are winding down and im locked in.

So what are you feelings on the difficulty of the first passage and whether it should be completed (first) by test takers who commonly cannot complete the section without rushing.

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The first reading comprehension passage
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:46:41 AM »
I just checked out powerscores top 10 list of most difficult reading comprehension passages and found that i could recal all the passages  ::).  But, i also noticed that of the top 10 and the 5 or so honorable mentions, there was not one listed as passage #1