Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: am i screwed?  (Read 7502 times)

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: am i screwed?
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
Picking out the illustrations, not the point again, ehe? 

I must assume you are trying to say law is harder or different or something.  Putting down Einstein. Wow, frighteningly brash.

Yes, you are right neither were lawyers.  The point is still the same.  Fine, David Boise and Abraham Lincoln if that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Lawyers, but not as good illustrations- Einstein and Poe were pioneers in their fields and are still legends (not to say Lincoln isn't but he is a legend for a different reason).  They achieved more than most even after failure- hence why I used them. Cleaner better examples, but for the small minded who can't see the obvious main point- here are two lawyers- as if in some strange world it could possibly matter. Nothing is changed other than the audience is reduced. Meh.

Please focus on the point and not the less relevant things around the point.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

sollicitus

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »
Never put down anyone, but yeah Law is different than science or poetry.
Babe Ruth was a legend, dosn't mean a thing in this scenario either.

If you use bad examples you do not prove your point. I hope you can learn this before opposing counsel has it removed as irrelevant in real life.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 10:44:30 AM »
Meh.  I'm not trying to "prove" anything.  I can't, neither can you- theses are opinions and speculations. Meh, f.in dumbasses.

The only thing that is court is court.  This isn't court. You certainly aren't opposing council.  I have no client, other than reason. Reason can defend itself. Reason can prosecute stupidity itself.  Doesn't need me.

Yet another bad analogy. I'm sure. How does the inside of the box look?  Meh, Meh, Meh.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."

sollicitus

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »
Meh.  I'm not trying to "prove" anything.  I can't, neither can you- theses are opinions and speculations. Meh, f.in dumbasses.

The only thing that is court is court.  This isn't court. You certainly aren't opposing council.  I have no client, other than reason. Reason can defend itself. Reason can prosecute stupidity itself.  Doesn't need me.

Yet another bad analogy. I'm sure. How does the inside of the box look?  Meh, Meh, Meh.

once again your words say more than mine ever could.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »
Vague and meaningless again.  We can't read your mind an there are people in this world with different perspectives (I'm sorry).  Only someone like you with the same preconceived uniform ideology (i.e a GW Bush convention) could agree with something so empty and expressiveless.

Op- this guy probably got into law school. Regent maybe?  If this guy can do it, then....You're just fine :).

sollicitus

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »
Vague and meaningless again.  We can't read your mind an there are people in this world with different perspectives (I'm sorry).  Only someone like you with the same preconceived uniform ideology (i.e a GW Bush convention) could agree with something so empty and expressiveless.

Op- this guy probably got into law school. Regent maybe?  If this guy can do it, then....You're just fine :).

even the short bus can only drive so slow timmy.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »
Indeed Jimmy. Indeed.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »
Incidentally,  I was vague with the Bush and Regent comment intentionally. 

And you didn't call me out on Lincoln- its not really true.  Why not?

Some people can read.  Some people can read and understand.

I should  be so lucky to have you as opposing council.

Sorry for usurping your thread OP.

sollicitus

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
Incidentally,  I was vague with the Bush and Regent comment intentionally. 

And you didn't call me out on Lincoln- its not really true.  Why not?

Some people can read.  Some people can read and understand.

I should  be so lucky to have you as opposing council.

Sorry for usurping your thread OP.

so you intentionally state untruths and cry foul when people don't care enough to follow your rants? Mental health facilities are available in all states. Seek one out. Use it.

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 03:22:39 PM »
Why do you keep bringing up mental health generalizations, aside from being insensitive, it is some what shallow and juvenile. Its also gotten old and lame as your standard insult.

I was seeing what education and knowledge level I was dealing with, with you.  I stated questionable facts and generalizations to see if you could understand, i.e. criticize.  To see if you could reason through. Or from an adversarial prospective- ways I could choose to maneuver you.

So far, I can lie about the facts- you don't know them.  I can make wild meaningless generalizations- you can't see ridiculous over expanding.  I can anticipate your insults- the mental health thing was old after the second time you used it.

As a practical matter, its a bad idea to reveal these strategies, but you're a fool and it doesn't matter. Moreover, I can't express anything to you in a subtle way.  I shouldn't have had to tell you what I was doing. Silly boy, it was obvious. 

Thank you for the metal health facilities tidbit. I'm glad there are facilities in my state. I will seek one out per your well informed and knowledgeable suggestion. Do they have cookies?  I like cookies.  Do you like cookies.? Who doesn't like cookies? I like cookies.