Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which universities do I list  (Read 390 times)

Zedsdead

• View Profile
Which universities do I list
« on: May 30, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »
If I attended a university for 1 month of a semester then withdrew do I need to list that university along with the university I received my BA from? I did not receive any credits towards my BA there. 

Also will it look bad that I withdrew from that university if it was due to a health issue if I am already going to be borderline for the specific schools I am applying to?

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Which universities do I list
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »
Yes, you need to list it.

The LSAC instructions (IIRC) state that they want every school that you have enrolled at. They want to ensure that you have met your financial obligations to every school you have dealt with.

I do not think anyone will care that you withdrew (regardless of reason), although if you did not withdrawal and the courses went from incomplete to failed, then it may make a dent in your GPA. If you did withdrawal, then I do not think you have much to worry about.

Zedsdead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 03:12:55 PM »
I would never do this because it is unethical, not to mention I would not want to jeopardize my enrollment,  but would they even know if this information was not disclosed?

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »
Hard to say, but after law school, if you wish to become a member of the bar, you will need to go through the character & fitness review. This will likely involve a through review of your background, at this point they will likely be aware of what schools you have enrolled in. It may well be a very uncomfortable moment if there is a discrepancy with what was stated with what one put onto their law school applications.

Also keep in mind that there are several data points which are cross checked by schools, so it within the realm of possibility that a lack of information may be detected. Even if it is a small chance, it is not worth the downside risk.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 04:20:30 PM »
Huge risk -- little or no reward.  Always be 100% candid with the law school and the bar.