Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about the chance of getting admitted by T14  (Read 620 times)

Kelly Li

• GPA: 4.0 LSAT: about to take in Oct/11
    • View Profile
Question about the chance of getting admitted by T14
« on: May 30, 2011, 06:28:00 AM »
What is the chance of getting admitted by each of T14? Is it much more difficult to get admitted by T3 than UPenn or UC-Berkeley? I am just wondering if the ranking among T14 really makes such a big difference.

If a person gets 4.0 UGPA,170+LSAT score, should he apply for all T14 schools in order to increase the chance of getting admitted by T14?

Generally speaking, how many law schools do you apply for?

Thank you so much if you can give me some advice.

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the chance of getting admitted by T14
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
There is some disagreement, but I believe the quasi-consensus is that YHS stand alone, but the rest of the t14 are more or less interchangeable. 

Regional factors probably play more than specific ranking within that group.  Will Chicago do better nationally thank Duke?  Maybe, but not to the point where it is worth stressing over.  Any t14 will open doors.

As to where to apply - all of them.  They are all very selective, and I find it rather random which schools will accept or reject a given applicant.  My suggestion (assuming stats like you described) would be to blanket the t14.  If you are accepted to YHS go there; otherwise go to any other t14 that accepts you.

Good luck.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
Re: Question about the chance of getting admitted by T14
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »
Apply to all of them. 

I would also apply to the top regional schools where you want to practice.  For instance, if you want to work in Texas, UT might be a better option than other T14 except for HYS.  And, knowing that you could be at a better school may give you scholarship options at the top regional school.