Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just got accepted to Widener Harrisburg  (Read 987 times)

shannonmh

• View Profile
Just got accepted to Widener Harrisburg
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »
I just got accepted to Widener Harrisburg day division but I have already put in all of my deposits for Touro... should I stick with Touro?

LSATFailure2011

• View Profile
Re: Just got accepted to Widener Harrisburg
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:37:40 PM »
I got accepted there, and decided not to attend.

I drove an hour (from Baltimore) to visit the campus, and it really is in the middle of nowhere. Harrisburg is an awful, awful place to live.  Not to mention the school itself is EXPENSIVE.

Touro is in a really dangerous area as well, and you're competing against a lot of other NY schools.

The main thing that scared me away from Widener was the attrition rate.

muslima_swapnil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
Mind reading has merely been wishful thinking for science fiction fans for decades, but their wish may soon come true.
For more information about technology of future please visit technologies of the future here.
Hope it can satisfy your knowledge.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 09:23:50 AM »
I got accepted there, and decided not to attend.

I drove an hour (from Baltimore) to visit the campus, and it really is in the middle of nowhere. Harrisburg is an awful, awful place to live.  Not to mention the school itself is EXPENSIVE.

Touro is in a really dangerous area as well, and you're competing against a lot of other NY schools.

The main thing that scared me away from Widener was the attrition rate.

way to assume everyone else's issues your issues.

sorry you not have much confidence in self.  so going stanford after all, then?

fortook

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Uh, that guy's issues are everyone else's issues: money (crazy expensive), location (the city tried to declare bankruptcy), jobs (ain't no jobs in Harrisburg, man, despite being the state capitol) and attrition (Wiedner's attrition is almost 50%- half the people that go there get kicked out).

He's also right about Touro.  NY has a very competitive market and Touro is probably in the worst spot of all NY schools.
"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin." "Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi."