Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law school without an undergraduate GPA  (Read 2037 times)

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law school without an undergraduate GPA
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 02:38:04 AM »
Thanks Falcon, you've been really helpful!  I have to take some classes I never took in college so I can qualify for a masters I'd like to do joint anyway--so hopefully I can get all A's and have at least some traditional grades on my transcript.

If there's not an answer on their site, it's possible to check with LSAC directly.  If you're not able to track that, I have a contact there.  Let me know and I'll pass the question along.

Thane.

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »
Keep in mind that the clock stops for you LSAC GPA as soon as you earn a bachelors degree.

So if you have taken another course at a junior college and received a grade before graduation then you are on the books with a grade, otherwise I suspect that you are going to be considered without a grade. Even if this is the case, I would not worry much, first off, most schools seem to weigh the LSAT more heavily than the GPA anyway, secondly, foreign students are considered as having no GPA according to the LSAC, and many such students enter into US law schools all over the spectrum, so being without a GPA will not confuse an admission committee, they will simply move on to other indicators in your application. 

Happy Hunting,

ssstnd11

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 10:42:33 PM »
Thane--thanks, I've submitted my question to LSAC online, but if I go too long without hearing back, I'll definitely take you up on that offer!

Haus- That's helpful info and a good point about foreign students being in a similar boat.  Thanks!