Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case Western Reserve University Law School  (Read 1107 times)

nicole08668

• View Profile
    • Email
Case Western Reserve University Law School
« on: May 20, 2011, 10:22:03 AM »
How does everybody think of this law school?  How does it compare to the University of Utah?  Thanks.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Case Western Reserve University Law School
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
How does everybody think of this law school?  How does it compare to the University of Utah?  Thanks.

Case is a great school to go to if you want to practice in Cleveland.  Utah?  Great if you want to practice in SLC.  I've know a few case grads (I actually have a non-law degree from there.)  The law grads did very well in placement after graduation. Although Cleveland is the butt of many jokes, it's also the home of quite a few fortune 500 headquarters.  As such, the corporate law scene is bigger than most folks might guess.  Also, IMG is headquartered there.

nicole08668

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 07:42:40 AM »
Thanks, and I guess I will give up Utah since I don't really want to practice in Utah.  I will make a choice between Case and SUNY-Buffalo.  I prefer practice in east coast.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 11:24:08 AM »
Thanks, and I guess I will give up Utah since I don't really want to practice in Utah.  I will make a choice between Case and SUNY-Buffalo.  I prefer practice in east coast.

Case has a very narrow reach.  Really, it is only in Cleveland.  If you go to Columbus or south, OSU is the go-to school. 

However, Cleveland has a lot of job opportunities for attorneys.

I wouldn't plan on Case opening a lot of doors on the east coast, though.  Probably no more than a school in Utah would.