Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seperating the Game Types  (Read 514 times)

FearAndLoathing

• View Profile
    • Email
Seperating the Game Types
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »
I hope this post isn't too terribly redundant but if so I apologize in advance.

I seem to remember seeing someone on this board posting a link which compiled a list that grouped the logic games by type. I know this can be found in Kaplan's Orange book but seeing as how the test is fast approaching, I don't have the book and I don't mind skipping around the lsat preptest books, I was hoping I could find this link.

It could be that I'm just imagining seeing this link; I haven't been able to find it since then. If this is the case, does anyone have any advice on how I can start sorting the games by type? is my best bet just to try and find a copy of the Kaplan book or should I simply continue studying as I have been without separating them?

HYSHopeful

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchooli.com
    • Email
Re: Seperating the Game Types
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »
The Logic Games Bible has an appendix that breaks down each preptest by game type.

If you don't have access to the LGB, I'd highly suggest buying it... but if are looking for a list of a specific game type (eg. basic linear/advanced linear/grouping), you can also try asking for the list by posting your question here: Ask:

FearAndLoathing

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »
I do have the LGB, but I completely missed the appendix there, thank you for pointing that out it was exactly what I was looking for.

HYSHopeful

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchooli.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:52:20 PM »
No problem. The game type appendix can be a really powerful tool to improve each game type if you know how to use it. I posted some tips on how to drill LG using the LGB appendix on OLS a while ago in this 30 day LSAT study guide that you might find helpful: http://lawschooli.com/how-can-i-increase-my-lsat-score-in-under-30-days/