Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lsat scholarships  (Read 514 times)

chuck2011

• View Profile
lsat scholarships
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »
hey what California schools are being generous with their LSAT scholarships this year? I have a 157.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: lsat scholarships
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:32:13 PM »
Check out lawschoolnumbers.com and you can see what numbers are getting how much money. With a 157 depending on what your GPA is if it is over a 3.0 then I would say basically a full ride at Western State or La Verne. Half tuition at California Western, Thomas Jefferson, and Golden Gate. Then you might get a few thousand from  Southwestern or UOP.

Be careful of the conditions on these scholarships though. They will generally require you to keep a 3.0 and most law schools only allow for 35% of their first year class to have a 3.0 and this results in a 65% chance of any scholarship 1L losing their scholarship. The 3.0 number is very deceptive because anyone that is able to receive a ABA law school scholarship earned a 3.0 in college fairly easily and they assume the same will happen in law school, but 99% of ABA law students at any school are fairly intelligent and hard working and there are only so many A's and B's that can be given out. That is the way the law school curves work and I don't think this exists in any undergraduate major I am aware of.