Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: All Online Law School Students  (Read 3794 times)

ms.perfect

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: All Online Law School Students
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 04:26:31 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D well stated..... I am at Novus...

No body of law is as simple as you think it is, FalconJimmy.   It seems as though you didn't read haven't reviewed Pennoyer v. Neff recently either.  If you did, you would know that one of the  things the court said was that the land Neff wanted back could not be sold to satisfy a previous default judgment.   It also discussed in personam jurisdiction vs. jurisdiction in rem.   I didn't see anything in Pennoyer v. Neff about all the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.  How, can it be the foundation of civil procedure without the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure?  And, if you paid attention to my autobiography, you would remember that I was a 1L at the Mercer School of Law in the 80s.  California Southern was in 2008.  My odd path is because I'm depending on my own lack of money. 

And, before you write Mid-Atlantic off, I challenge you to read all the cases cited  in just chapter one of the Gilberts' Outline, alone, (we read all the cases in each volume) and tell me you still remember what the court said in Pennoyer before you express such dismay at my having to review it.  You obviously have not attended any online law school.  Otherwise, you wouldn't make such presumptive statements.  Any school, online or otherwise, it what the student makes of it.  The student does the reading and the learning by his or her efforts alone.  Online and correspondence law schools are not a waste of time.  The concept has been  proven worthy in Great Britain for the last hundred years.

And, you John, should pay more attention to detail as well.  If you read what I said, I indicated that I would have to read Pennoyer again.  And, did you also know that being deceptive is not encouraged in the field of law?  You acted as though you were interested in a sincere discussion and later, admitted to wanting to teach me a thing or two about "thinking like a lawyer."   I think that one of the reasons why attorneys have such a bad reputation is because some of them really think like you do: saying one thing and thinking something entirely different.

By the way, dudes, I am not a dude.  Don't make assumptions.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 11:39:29 PM »
Thank you, Ms. Perfect.
Angie

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
This was one of the best threads to have graced this website.  I should print it out and hang it on my wall.

P.S.  - Maybe we should discuss some bar exam questions when the time comes, Passaroa?

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 04:56:29 PM »
This was one of the best threads to have graced this website.

Only because of the comedy value.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 05:22:59 AM »
I wouldn't mind starting a discussion on the California bar exam questions right now.  Practice makes perfect.  I sent my e-mail address to you.
Angie