Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm giving up on Law School....  (Read 5843 times)

oceanblue

• View Profile
Re: I'm giving up on Law School....
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »
It sounds like you are down, but I would not give up this opportunity.  You can always try it and if you don't like it after a year you can quit.  In this economy this degree will open doors for you.  Thats alot of negative self talk, remember the economy is not good so going to school right now is a good option.

Xlogic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 04:10:32 AM »
A really tough decision indeed.
I agree with what some have expressed already. Live your life in such a way that you do not look back and wonder... "O, what if..."
I've heard about some people that decided against Law school after going through the painful process of prepping for the LSAT.
Some took the LSAT but decided "Nah, Law school ain't for me".

I respect those people, because it's never too late to teach yourself about you.
Questions we always ask ourselves "What do I want? Why do I want it? For whom am I doing this for?"
Some go to law school cos they couldn't get into med school. Some do it because of Daddy or Mommy or in pursuit of riches. But what do you really want?

If you figure out (and not all of us do) what you really want, and what you really want is to go to law school.. then...
Try and TRY AGAIN to get what you want. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out.
And when your kid comes up to you and says "I want this so bad, but I'm not sure, I'm scared...",
You'll look that kid in the eye, with conviction, and say "I did it, and so can You!"

Good luck  :)

Cher1300

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 12:57:55 PM »
I almost gave up on law school too last year.  My LSAT score was 147 and I had a 3.2 gpa.  I applied to 6 schools in California and was rejected by everyone.  It wasn't until my friend suggested I re-apply the following fall that I did because I figured I had nothing to loose.  I didn't want to retake the LSAT because I had already taken it twice and was so depressed about my score, but I redid my personal statement and re-applied to two schools that had rejected me the year before.  To my surprise I was accepted to both.  I was only sorry I hadn't applied to more early on. 

The fact is, you were accepted to a law school.  I'm older, I won't have much debt, and I have a job waiting for me when I graduate.  However, the bottom line is I've wanted to go to law school since I graduate from college almost 20 years ago.  FalconJimmy is right when he says that you'll only regret things you didn't try as you get older.  Failure, many times, is part of success.  I read a quote once that summed it up nicely, "Some succeed because they are destined to, others succeed because they are determined to." 

Just keep in mind, law school will always be there if you decide to try again.  Good luck.