Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: attending West Virginia College of Law???  (Read 1073 times)

cclark823

• View Profile
attending West Virginia College of Law???
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »
I am a resident of Virginia so I would pay out of state tuition at West VA and this is $28,000. Any graduates or current students??? Please help! There is not much advice out there for West VA.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: attending West Virginia College of Law???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »
I am guessing it would work fine in West Virginia. I am also pretty sure a lot of schools allow you to become a resident for your 2nd and 3rd year and then you will only have to pay in-state tuition. Call the school to see what West Virginia says, but I know people at Hastings that got in-state tuition for their second & third year despite coming from out of state.

In regards to the academics at WV I am sure it is pretty similar to every other ABA school out there. The first year curriculum at every ABA school is more or less the same you will take torts, contracts, civil procedure, and study Supreme Court cases. West Virginia is not Harvard, but the faculty at almost every ABA school is generally impressive and whether you succeed in the legal profession will be more about how you conduct yourself than what school you attend. Of course an Ivy League degree doesn't hurt, but if you graduate from an ABA school and pass the bar you will be an attorney. From that point on you will be judged on how good a job you do not what school you went to.

TeaMobile

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 01:44:25 AM »
what part of VA are you from?? I'm from VA beach and I was thinking about WVU. The tuition seems nice (if the grant in-state).

tryinLawSchool

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »
They do not grant instate after the first year and they just raised their tuition by another 2K, and have done so for the last 3 years. I would not recommend going there and paying out of state