Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logical reasoning and reading comp help pls  (Read 832 times)

Laschoolin

• View Profile
Logical reasoning and reading comp help pls
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:03:31 AM »
Hey everyone!! Well I've been studying for a couple of months now and two things have been killing me. 1.When I slow down and take my time doing the logical reasoning on a test I'm pretty accurate but when i time myself on an LR section I go from -2 to -6 or 7 on each section, sometimes worse! I try to learn from my errors but i keep making the same mistakes.
2. Reading comprehension on the other hand has also been quite difficult. I've been averaging -6 on a given section. After I read the passage I try to get the structure tone viewpoints I'n my head, yet I still get some answers wrong!

I need some help. I work full time as well and I find doing both very difficult. Is it possible to fix these probes by June? And I would love any feedback on how you guys look at your incorrect answers

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
Re: Logical reasoning and reading comp help pls
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:13:02 PM »
IMO, there is only so far you can go studying by yourself.  Consider either a prep course or individual tutoring from an experienced LSAT instructor. 

The potential difference in a good score and a mediocre score can literally translate to hundreds of thousands of dollars over your working lifetime.  It is well worth the investment.

PreProBono

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 01:43:58 PM »
Hi Laschoolin,

Studying for the LSAT can be very frustrating when you have to work at the same time (especially full-time).

However, do not lose confidence in yourself. I agree that contacting an experienced LSAT instructor can be helpful, and with that WE might be able to help.

What do I mean with this?

We offer you a solution to the difficulties posed by LR questions.

Our approach: In the LR section you should be able to translate the language in which the question is written to a language that you understand (in logical terms). This will allow you to grasp the question at its core and therefore, you will be able to move smoothly by.

When you have time I encourage you to visit our website and look through our Logical Reasoning curriculum. We have posted for FREE step-by-step instructions. We teach you how to translate these questions for a better understanding, it is in you to follow the method and master it. Remember "practice makes perfect".

Best,
PreProbono
http://preprobono.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/the-curriculum/#more-705

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:19:23 PM »
not better you learn spell before tutor lsat?

just askin'.