Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Unique circumstances re: prep course  (Read 320 times)

LawSchoolSoon

• View Profile
Unique circumstances re: prep course
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »
I am taking the June LSAT, and I am trying to decide which class is best for me (I'll spend the entire month of May in enrolled in a course). The issue here is that I'm in a program that will pay for a class, but it will only pay for a classroom course with either Princeton Review or Kaplan. I've taken 4 Preptests on my own, and scored 162 on three of them, so I'm concerned about which company can help me the most. I'm trying to break into the 170s, or at least upper 160s. I know that Kaplan and PR don't typically do that, but since I have to take one of them, which one is more likely to?

Thanks!

margiecardin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Unique circumstances re: prep course
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 07:52:17 PM »
Man, I would skip the prep course. I sometimes find real misinformation in my Kaplan book, and I don't know about Princeton Review. I think you could help yourself better. The best help I ever had was from the LSAT Superprep. Those people that teach the prep course will just stress you out, and your classmates will be on a lower level than you, so your growth will be stunted.
Or maybe I am just opposed to the classes because I can't afford them, and so I'm saying "Sour Grapes!" I'm taking the June LSAT, too.