Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT score  (Read 854 times)

legallybrunette1

• View Profile
LSAT score
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:44:44 PM »
So I just started a Testmasters prep course. I scored a 149 on the first diag (with no studying) and a 152 three weeks into the course. What is the likelihood that my score will be in the 160s by the end of the course? What is the typical increase after taking these prep courses? I haven't put in any real studying yet...I plan to do so all summer before the October test.

jvaugh57

• View Profile
Re: LSAT score
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »
What do you think of the Testmasters course? I'm signed up to take it in July. 

legallybrunette1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:51:05 PM »
I definitely think it has been great thus far...the real kicker is trying to get enough time to do the homework they assign before the next class. Luckily for me, I have an entire summer to really put in the necessary hours. I would definitely recommend it, though. I already feel more confident about the test and I just started.

gatorslaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »
Hey I just started Testmasters as well. My first diag was a 151...the second a 152, and I was wondering the same thing myself. Our instructor told us not to worry, as he sees very few students improve between the first and second diags, but instead that most see a jump in their scores by the time the third diag rolls around.

Oh and, to my knowledge, the LSAT isn't offered in July but rather June. Check your admission ticket on your LSAC account, they are already up there.

Keep us updated on your progress!

jvaugh57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »
 :D I was actually talking about which section of TM's course I had signed up for, not the LSAT.  Thanks for the input, it sounds like it's worthwhile.  I'm taking their online course right now--not really impressed with it, but I've heard their in-person course is much better. 

I can't decide if I'm going to take the Oct test or postpone until Dec.  It all depends on my scores and the TM course.  Best of luck to the both of you.

gatorslaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 01:54:01 AM »
Haha...that certainly makes more sense. Yeah I'm unsure whether to postpone too, I will give it another month and see where I stand.

Best of luck to you all.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 12:47:58 PM »
You guys that have been responding:  please let us all know where you end up after TM.  There are a bunch of us who are interested to see what kind of improvement they can help you make. 

gatorslaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
Will do.

jvaugh57

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »
While we're on the TM topic, I've noticed a serious overlap between TM and the Powerscore Bibles.  The only major differences I've noticed thus far (I'm only a few weeks in btw) is TM's classification of LR problems.  Thus far I think Powerscore's is more intuitive; does the in-person course for TM help you define what composes each question type?  The online course (to this point) has not.