Drafting a strong personal statement, that stands out from the application pool, is key for meritting admission at a top law school. As a former admissions committee officer at a top five law school, I cannot over-emphasize the importance of having a personal statement that
1. Vividly and compellingly establishes your uniqueness;
2. Solidifies your intellectual promise, and experiential insight, to excel as a law student and future lawyer;
3. Articulates a well-contemplated interest in the law in general, and a specific area of law;
4. Establishes your diversity, in terms of race or ethnicity, gender, life experiences, worldview, etc.; and,
5. Confirms a strong interest in a specific school/program - meaning you will have to tailor the draft to each law school you are applying to.
Please email me your law school personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
. I would love to give your statement a free general assessment, and help you navigate constructing a stellar application.