Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In desperate need of help with personal statement  (Read 1184 times)

marybeth2486

• View Profile
    • Email
In desperate need of help with personal statement
« on: April 12, 2011, 05:52:55 PM »
:)

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
Re: In desperate need of help with personal statement
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »
IMO, it's very interesting and well written (so far)... I like the "out of my element" theme, but I think you will need to supplement it.  Here is an article on writing law school personal statements, hope it helps.

Good luck.  Its nice to see you working on this early, it gives you a lot of time.   

rockinjosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »
Feel free to check us out for help with law school personal statement editing

writetrack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 03:50:31 PM »
Mary Beth,

Drafting a strong personal statement, that stands out from the application pool, is key for meritting admission at a top law school.  As a former admissions committee officer at a top five law school, I cannot over-emphasize the importance of having a personal statement that

1.  Vividly and compellingly establishes your uniqueness;

2.  Solidifies your intellectual promise, and experiential insight, to excel as a law student and future lawyer;

3.  Articulates a well-contemplated interest in the law in general, and a specific area of law;

4.  Establishes your diversity, in terms of race or ethnicity, gender, life experiences, worldview, etc.; and,

5.  Confirms a strong interest in a specific school/program - meaning you will have to tailor the draft to each law school you are applying to.

Please email me your law school personal statement to info@writetrackadmissions.com.  I would love to give your statement a free general assessment, and help you navigate constructing a stellar application.