Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring from a T4 to a T1 or T2- chances of acceptance  (Read 4030 times)

Philalaw

• View Profile
Transferring from a T4 to a T1 or T2- chances of acceptance
« on: April 07, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
Hello, I am currently a 1L at Widener Law in Delaware (T4).  I am currently ranked in the top 10 out of 250 in my class.  I wanted to know if anyone knows the chances of transferring to a T1 or T2. I live in Philadelphia and I am considering Temple, Villanova and Rutgers Camden.  I am also going to send in transfer applications to UPenn, NYU, Cornell, Columbia, and GTown.  I do not believe I will get into any of the T12 schools, but I think I have a good shot at the other three.  If anyone has anyone knows anything about my chances of getting into any of these schools it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transferring from a T4 to a T1 or T2- chances of acceptance
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
Hello, I am currently a 1L at Widener Law in Delaware (T4).  I am currently ranked in the top 10 out of 250 in my class.  I wanted to know if anyone knows the chances of transferring to a T1 or T2. I live in Philadelphia and I am considering Temple, Villanova and Rutgers Camden.  I am also going to send in transfer applications to UPenn, NYU, Cornell, Columbia, and GTown.  I do not believe I will get into any of the T12 schools, but I think I have a good shot at the other three.  If anyone has anyone knows anything about my chances of getting into any of these schools it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In my very non-expert opinion, I think that being in the top 3-4% of your class would give you an excellent shot to get into temple, villanova and rutgers.  The others?  Dunno... couldn't really say.  But if I were top 4%, I'd think my chances of getting into villanova or temple would be pretty good.

kjw5029

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »
I was top 3% at a tier 4 last year and didn't get into Villanova.  I applied pretty late though and I'm pretty sure that's a big reason why I didn't get in. 

LaShuanM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 03:14:59 AM »
I'm actually thinking about doing the very same thing... That is if I'm as fortunate as you. I hope to start Widener Harrisburg in the Fall and if successful would like to transfer to Temple the following year. My primary motivation for transfer is cost Temple is 10K less per year. Its an added bonus that its a T2, but I personally dont care about tge rankings. Please update this post and let us know how you make out.

Good luck!

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 10:20:33 AM »
You SHOULD care about ranking b/c prospective employers do - whether one agrees with rankings or not.  I have known people to transfer from T4 to T1, but he was very near the top of the class, if not the top.  You should be in decent shape.  Good luck.

...but I personally dont care about tge rankings.

Philalaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
 Please update this post and let us know how you make out.

[/quote]

I will update this post as soon as I find out. Good luck to you as well

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
You a PA resident? NJ? If yes, shoot to transfer to temple or camden, depending on residency. You'll want to keep your debt as low as possible.

Philalaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »
Yes I am a PA resident.  Temple is my #1 choice, but with the economy down I fear many students will be attempting to transfer to Temple.  Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I may be better off staying at a T4 with a 22k scholarship or transferring to a school like Villanova (around 35k a year!)?

Philalaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 02:02:43 AM »
For anyone who is interested, these are the schools I applied to and their response. I finished in the top 4% at Widener (T4). Hope this helps.
Villanova = Accepted
Temple= Rejected
Drexel = Accepted (offered a small scholarship)
Rutgers Camden = Accepted
Penn = Rejected
Cornell = Rejected
Georgetown =  Rejected
NYU = Rejected
Fordham = Rejected
GW = Accepted

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email