Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Slacker's Guide to Law School  (Read 944 times)

DoogieHowserJD

• View Profile
Slacker's Guide to Law School
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:22:07 PM »
This is a good book for prospective law students. A friend of mine wrote it, so I'm a little biased, but I can attest that it's probably the most realistic portrayal of life in law school out there. Please excuse the plug, but the author asked me to help him promote a Kindle promotion. If you have a Kindle, you can get it for only $2.99 through April. If you don't have Kindle, go ahead and get the print edition for a bit more. It's well worth the price, and will help you get ready for law school. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Slackers-Guide-Law-School-Success/dp/1888960523/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Slacker's Guide to Law School
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »
This is a good book for prospective law students. A friend of mine wrote it, so I'm a little biased, but I can attest that it's probably the most realistic portrayal of life in law school out there. Please excuse the plug, but the author asked me to help him promote a Kindle promotion. If you have a Kindle, you can get it for only $2.99 through April. If you don't have Kindle, go ahead and get the print edition for a bit more. It's well worth the price, and will help you get ready for law school. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Slackers-Guide-Law-School-Success/dp/1888960523/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Doogie -

I must agree with you, for two reasons.  First, Slacker's Guide has probably the best section on "Should I go?" of any of the pre-law books.  Second, it is quite funny and, in its humor, insightful.  Tis a shame that those two qualities are assumed to be in opposition.  Third . . . wait, I promised only two.  Okay, third, it's equally a good guide as to how not to approach law school.  The author makes several good points and is quite correct in his irreverent repartees, but is also instructive as a contrast for law students.  So, benchmark or counterpoint, this is worth reading.

Thane.

PS:  Have you your own show yet?