Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thoughts on Chances  (Read 244 times)

slightlybehind

• View Profile
Thoughts on Chances
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
I need a little advice on whether I should apply or move on and save my money. I am about to graduate from a T4 crapper in the middle of my.  I won't make excuses for my poor grades, but I do have plenty to offer when asked, especially because the reasons are related to the program I want to enter.  Also, I worked all through undergrad and grades were poor there too.

I have a strong interest in environmental law and FSU is one of the schools that I have an interest in.  Unfortunately, I know that my performance in law school is a major factor that law schools consider when accepting/debying applicants.  Also, US News just ranked FSU 5th in the country for env law LLMs and they are ranked 50th overall.

I would love feedback on whether I have a shot at FSU or not.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
Re: Thoughts on Chances
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »
I would apply.  I think FSU is going to be more interested in your desire to join the program than perfect credentials. LLM-related statistics are not used in law school rankings.  Also, LLM's are less competitive to be accepted than the JD programs.  People who graduate at the top of their law classs generally don't persue LLM's. 

Spend extra time on your application.  Go back and look at some of the info for pre-law on doing law school applications.  This is an exercise in advocacy, treat it seriously.  FSU needs to understand how bad you want to be in their program. 

slightlybehind

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Chances
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 01:48:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply Mike.