Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Latest you have got an acceptance letter?  (Read 1229 times)

carsonlions

• View Profile
    • Email
Latest you have got an acceptance letter?
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:12:24 PM »
I have been rejected by all but one school which happens to be my number one choice, for family reasons. That school has an new student meet and greet on April 9th.

That said, it is march 29th and its hard to hold on to hope. I have received nothing from the school as of yet. I called them 2 weeks ago and they said my app was in review.

BTW I hate the mailman with his smug blue shorts, goatee and chipper disposition.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Latest you have got an acceptance letter?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 10:19:58 PM »
BTW I hate the mailman with his smug blue shorts, goatee and chipper disposition.

He's mocking you.  If he's wearing one of those jungle-explorer pith helmets, that's a direct insult. 

I'm accepted to the only law school in my hometown.  So, I'm happy.

carsonlions

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 11:25:55 PM »
When did you get your acceptance letter?

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 07:41:50 AM »
I sent them my application the day I got my LSAT.  They sent me an acceptance packet within a week.  I believe my packet was in "review" for about 3 days.

OTOH, another school I applied to (call it my stretch school) had me in review for about 3 weeks and eventually rejected me. 

carsonlions

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 12:54:13 PM »
Well still nothing, and it March 31st. HAS ANYONE GOT AN APRIL ACCEPTANCE LETTER?

Sorry for screaming, but I am in a pit of despair, surrounded by albinos.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 01:37:59 PM »
Sorry for screaming, but I am in a pit of despair, surrounded by albinos.

Well, you survived the ROUSes, which means you're strong.  You survived the fire-swamp.

I'd say no news is not necessarily good, but not necessarily bad.  Perhaps you're an applicant on the bubble.  My impression is that the admissions committees who know is basically going to be an automatic admit and who is going to be an automatic deny.  If you haven't been told "no", yet, you're still in the running.

I know it's easier said than done, but try to think about something else.  Best of luck to you.

carsonlions

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »
Well I got the rejection letter today.

I am not going to law school. Sad. I really wanted to, at 36 I don't want to wait a year just to be rejected again. I cant do anything about my 2.5 GPA it was 14 years ago.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12:44 PM »
Well I got the rejection letter today.

I am not going to law school. Sad. I really wanted to, at 36 I don't want to wait a year just to be rejected again. I cant do anything about my 2.5 GPA it was 14 years ago.

Sorry, Bro (sis?)  I feel your pain.  Are you able to relocate?  You could probably get in a school like Cooley.  If you got good enough grades, you could transfer to a different school after a year.  (Not saying you could transfer to any particular school, but if you got good grades, you could transfer somewhere, for sure.)

Anyway, best of luck whatever you chose to do.