Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am GREAT at Logical Reasoning and TERRIBLE at everything else  (Read 749 times)

LSATFailure2011

• View Profile
I just took a Kaplan diagnostic exam...

150 score same as my LSAT

I got 76% of my Logical Reasoning questions right

35% of Logic Games

41 % of Reading Comprehension

I had one Logical Reasoning Section which I got 21/25... On my RC and LG combined I got 19 correct answers...

What does this tell you?

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I am GREAT at Logical Reasoning and TERRIBLE at everything else
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:10:59 AM »
You're already taking Kaplan, so you should be able to improve.  I did well on everything except the logic games.  Don't have time or $$$ for Kaplan.  So, I'm getting one of the prep bible books and will probably re-take in June.

cr00231

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »
Take advantage of your strengths. You should be able to get a significant amount of the LR questions correct. The good thing about the reading comprehension sections are that all the answers are within the text so effective road mapping/highlighting/underlining will lead to higher scores and as far as logic games, your score will only be as good as your diagram of the game. Make sure that the diagram is set up neatly and all the variables are in place. This might take a while but a correctly diagramed game can save you tons of time and increase your scores.

Cory
UGA Law 2014

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 12:12:44 PM »
Your diagnostic gives you a base-line.  You should be able to jump into the mid to high 150's right away now that you understand how the test is set up. 

Significant improvement will come with time.  I think that a live prep course is the way to go for most people.  It will give you the tools and structure you need to maximize your potential. 

scenariosolver

• View Profile
    • www.scenariosolver.com
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 09:17:14 PM »
reading comprehension is more difficult to teach but I would suggest that you practice five passages in a sitting to get your mental stamina where it needs to be.  Do five passages in forty two minutes every day for fifteen days. 

With regard to the logic games I suggest you start doing a number of them.  Too many students simply don't do enough games to actually understand them.  There have been 268 logic games released since 1991.  If a student is serious about the LSAT they should work through at least 60 of them.
www.ScenarioSolver.com Video Solutions of all releasedLSAT Logic Games - 13$ a month unlimited access