Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Barack Obama and George W. Bush...both solid on blunting military dictators  (Read 2075 times)

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
absolutely.  you one of them. 

You do realize I'm criticizing the current president for engaging in an undeclared war, don't you?

I don't mean to be rude, but based on your other posts, I'm not entirely sure you're serious when you're posting, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

A reasonable person might conclude that a person who criticizes the president for undertaking an undeclared war would be, at a minimum, opposed to the undeclared war. 

I oppose all undeclared wars, generally, and for the most part am not a big fan of war under any circumstances.  I think some circumstances are more justifiable than others, but as a nation of laws, that the power to declar war resides with congress.

As for lacking balls, frankly, I think our current president has shown a lot of failure to lead.  For instance, by keeping gitmo open, despite promises to close it, by not changing some of the more objectionable items in our war on terror, and in this case, frankly, going into a half-assed war isn't a sign of courage if you ask me.  It's a sign that you're not willing to take a stand either way. 

after all, whose balls possibly bigger than gump's, who have nerve send americans to fight, bleed, and die in stupid wars of sort he certainly never interested in fighting when had chance.

If you're speaking of Bush, he had balls.  What he lacked, in my opinion, was introspection and perspective.  He was exceedingly dogmatic.  He had the courage of his convictions, but frankly, sometimes the greatest courage is to step back and examine your convictions.

Our current president?  Frankly, I think he has the opposite problem. I think he has both the ability and will to grasp very nuanced issues.  However, he lacks the courage to do what should be done.  It appears that his handling of the war on terror and our actual wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya are based moreso on political expediency than in being true to the principles he espoused when he was campaigning for office.

I certainly believe that by expressing political opinions, that I open myself and my views up to criticism.  The difficulty here is that you appear to be criticizing me for views that I don't have and have not expressed.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
so, let's review:  gump supposedly "had balls" because he willing start stupid wars, but obama not because he continue gump's stupid wars and start one own--although, as you say, only half-assed.

so, you seem be saying balls = starting wars.  that what make you warmonger because, apparently, balls =  good.  if what back away from that, here your chance.

p.s.  gump actually woman living in man's body.  look it up.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
so, let's review: 

I can see that this ranks with trying to teach a pig to sing.  You're right, I'm wrong.  Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
that really not substantive response, sparky.

run away!  (and yes, you wrong.  thanks for admitting.)

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email

no, Tarzan. me thank you.  you know what i thinking better than me do. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

no, Tarzan. me thank you.  you know what i thinking better than me do.

exactly:  julie see your bull even as you continue track it everywhere.

julie notice you not "clarifying" anything, just insulting.  and you amateur at that, by way.

oh-fer-two, sparky!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
not mock handicapped.

you fine american.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
on occasion.

jsmorrison55

• MSN Messenger - jsmorrison@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jsmorrison55
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jsmorrison
    • View Profile
    • Chicken Coop Guide
back to topic:

the Seat Of Power has been bought and sold, many times over. whoever takes the Seat, has to give way to the people "behind" the Seat Of Power.

and in the first place, why "Seat Of Power"? who made that up? oohh... the wealthy-filthy people now also behind that Seat. oh, good almighty Nature! do them dirt..

nothing's gonna change, until such man, bred in hatred and intelligence, take up to the Seat and destroy it, publicly. with the right intention of no Seats are to be built. all are equal. but not this lifetime.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
back to topic:

the Seat Of Power has been bought and sold, many times over. whoever takes the Seat, has to give way to the people "behind" the Seat Of Power.

and in the first place, why "Seat Of Power"? who made that up? oohh... the wealthy-filthy people now also behind that Seat. oh, good almighty Nature! do them dirt..

nothing's gonna change, until such man, bred in hatred and intelligence, take up to the Seat and destroy it, publicly. with the right intention of no Seats are to be built. all are equal. but not this lifetime.

try read label on medicine bottle.