Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School at 52  (Read 7783 times)

lawstudent#1

Re: Law School at 52
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »
So, I got accepted into a top 100 law school at the tender age of 52. I am excited in that I always wanted to be a lawyer, took my first lsat back when dinosaurs walked the earth, but other priorities prevailed.  Will start fall 2011; but have a question...... how will my "classmates" view me?  really don't want 4 years (going part time due to job) of being alienated.... just curious.

Who cares what your classmates think? Reality is that clients with money tend to be older and prefer people who "look like them".

You could suck and still make twice the cash. Just reality.

like_lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 02:39:02 AM »
So, I got accepted into a top 100 law school at the tender age of 52. I am excited in that I always wanted to be a lawyer, took my first lsat back when dinosaurs walked the earth, but other priorities prevailed.  Will start fall 2011; but have a question...... how will my "classmates" view me?  really don't want 4 years (going part time due to job) of being alienated.... just curious.

Who cares what your classmates think? Reality is that clients with money tend to be older and prefer people who "look like them".

No, this is not reality.

lawstudent#1

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 09:25:48 PM »

No, this is not reality.

Which part, the part about people who are older having more money or the part about people prefering their own?

Have you met an old person......EVER?

I have. They're stupid. Just like everyone else. That's why they need the help in the first place.

Ever wonder why most NAACP lawyers are black? Or feminists lawyers are females? Same damn reason.

MY2CENTS7

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

I am starting AGAIN at 54. I first started law school in 1992 after undergrad, I was 35/36 but I was making a lot of money and was raising a family, I worked as a Entreprenuer, Network Engineer, Public School Teacher, College Professor, and Real Estate Broker. I am not sure how you will be viewed. Fortunate for me I am also attending a Distance Education program, so I will probably not be viewed at all. However; How your are viewed depends on how you look, how you dress, and how well you interact with others. Your age could be an asset, instead of a liablity. Alienation IS NOT the worst thing in the world.