Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Graduating Early  (Read 1414 times)

anagusaytsil

• View Profile
Graduating Early
« on: March 21, 2011, 03:51:09 PM »
Would it hurt my application if I apply to lawschools during the fall of my 3rd year (since I will be graduating a year early and want to go straight to lawschool)?  I will be overloading every semester, so the number of grades would be the same as if I applied during my 4th year. 

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Graduating Early
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »
Your aware of the whole application "process?"  Register with LSAC, complete your LSAC-required info, then take the LSAT.  You can always apply, but schools wont make a decision until they have your LSAT score and UGPA.  On that, if you are serious about getting into a good law school, might want to rethink loading up on classes so you can graduate early - a good GPA is more important to the law schools than an early graduate.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 01:26:03 PM »
It wont hurt your application. To gain admission, you will have your bachelor's degree before showing up to law school. Here is a quick law school admissions process article.

anagusaytsil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:47:34 PM »
I was just wondering if two years of grades are not good enough..But since the amount of credit hours will be the same (since I'll be overloading every semester), I don't see why it will hurt me.  I'm currently still a freshman but I want to graduate a year early and possibly go straight to lawschool. 

As for LSAT, I will be taking it the during the summer before my 3rd year or during the fall semester of my 3rd year.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »
It will be fine.  Just worry about making "A's" and getting an awesome LSAT score.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 03:58:40 PM »
Absolutely focus on GPA.  Don't sacrifice your GPA to graduate early by overloading yourself with classes... it's a numbers game and maximizing the GPA will be a huge factor in getting into a good law school - and scholarship money.

It will be fine.  Just worry about making "A's" and getting an awesome LSAT score.

Starlett

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »
It will not hurt you.   I graduated in three years from my undergrad and I went straight to law school.  What’s important is that you focus on getting high grades your last year and scoring well on your LSAT.  If you are able to achieve good grades (despite your schedule being overloaded), you will be fine.  I also had a heavy load my last semester but I did well in those classes.  You can do it!

Star
www.thestarlawapplicant.com
Harvard Law School ‘06