Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Testmasters for $1450 or FAU LSAT Prep for $599?

Testmasters lsat
 1 (100%)
FAU lsat prep
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: LSAT Prep Class  (Read 961 times)

prettyhiri

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Prep Class
« on: March 18, 2011, 10:05:13 PM »
Okay based on my location I have two choices: Testmasters 80 hr class or FAU's 21 hour test Prep. Thtestmasters seems more efficient but its so pricy and the fact that they won't guarantee an increase in my score bothers me. I also noticed that the instructor who would be teaching the class had an lsat score of 172 just a few weeks ago and now his core is showing on the website to be 178. There are other instructors whose scores changed also. All this makes me a bit iffy. Is there anyone that has taken this course and found it successful...I'm afraid to get scammed.

Jwebony956

• Planning my work, working my plan
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Prep Class
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »
Wow. In that case I would do FAU, even though I never heard of them.

Also look into classes that are offered online. I'm currently enrolled with an online course with Manhattan LSAT and they have been superb!! PM if you want more details. :)
Top 6 Choices:
Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, UChicago, Northwestern

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »
The guarantees are not really what they seem to be.  No one can guarantee that you will get a certain score. 

I have heard decent things about Testmasters.  They are one of the major players and well-respected.

My recommendation is to take a live course if you can aford it.  I think that live instructors can give you a different kind of personalized feedback that you can't get online.  How much extra is that worth--I really don't know.  How much difference will it make--I don't know that either.  But, I think that it isn't unusal for a live instructor to catch a weakness that the online course wouldn't identify.   If it gives you 1 or 2 points, it could make all the difference. 

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:53:14 AM »
Okay based on my location I have two choices: Testmasters 80 hr class or FAU's 21 hour test Prep. Thtestmasters seems more efficient but its so pricy and the fact that they won't guarantee an increase in my score bothers me. I also noticed that the instructor who would be teaching the class had an lsat score of 172 just a few weeks ago and now his core is showing on the website to be 178. There are other instructors whose scores changed also. All this makes me a bit iffy. Is there anyone that has taken this course and found it successful...I'm afraid to get scammed.

Typically a longer course is going to be superior to a shorter course.  21 hours is ridiculously short.  If you're concerned that there might be some funny business about the TM instructor's score, ask to see the LSAC score report.